Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Malaysian GP Results

Old 03-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hope RB picks up the pace soon. I wouldnt want another second seat wasted the whole season like last year. Give Ant a chance. Whats the worse that could happen? He might score 1 point the whole year? This year there are no excuses why Ruben shouldnt finish outside the points. Jenson is constantly in the top 5 every race fighting for Pole and race wins while Ruben dukes it out with MF1 and Toyota! Whats up with that?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

I am upset as my VCR malfunctioned when I set it up to tape the race last night. This evenining when I sat down to watch the race all I had was blank tape!

From where I sit it will be interesting to follow Scott Speed as the only American curruently in F1.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Star of the Race..... SATO?

Did they watch the race? He nearly took out Luizzi and Barichello, not to mention he NEVER passed another vehical. Every other car out there below him in the standings was broken.

It was a fairly interesting race from a failure's standpoint. Boring from the "We're renault, we have a surperior machine" standpoint. In terms of Scott Speed, I could care less. After watching the interviews with him, the photos shot of him, and the general opinions of him he might as well be the next JPM with more of a "I'm a punk" attitude.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:52 PM

i'll give rubens one more race to stop me from dumping him off my scarlet-v. as to what honda does with him is their problem. i guess driving that red car scared him for life.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MPD47,Mar 19 2006, 11:48 PM
Star of the Race..... SATO?

Did they watch the race? He nearly took out Luizzi and Barichello
Maybe that is why he got the star...he usually takes them out - this time he didn't...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by ytdlite,Mar 19 2006, 11:52 PM
i'll give rubens one more race to stop me from dumping him off my scarlet-v. as to what honda does with him is their problem. i guess driving that red car scared him for life.
I already did. Replaced him with Fisi right after qualifying. I think he is going to need several more races...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ytdlite,Mar 19 2006, 12:50 PM
when will the fia start its investigation into renaults fantastic launch program? that thing has to be illegal and has been for several seasons. nasa should look at it also. i couldn't belive it, alonso blasted up to 3rd.
Oh cry me a river...

This attitude that someone has to be cheating just because they are doing well is bullshit. The FIA has looked into the Renault's start up several times, and the only thing they come away with is the team knows what they are doing and there is nothing illegal with their technology.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=ytdlite,Mar 19 2006, 11:52 PM] i'll give rubens one more race to stop me from dumping him off my scarlet-v. as to what honda does with him is their problem. i guess driving that red car scared him for life.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:42 AM

I'm extremely extremely dissapointed in RB. He had all of winter testing to get familiar with the car and given his vast experience, he SHOULD be up to speed by now on how the Honda handles etc.

At this point, i don't see him making that much of an improvement but i could be wrong. After viewing the lap chart, he was doing 1;37-1;38's per lap. That's a good 2 seconds off the pace of Button in the same machinery.

If he needs time to still learn the car, put him as a test driver and let him do as many laps as he wants on fridays and give Davidson a chance. I'm sick of these 2nd Honda/BAR drivers being crap!
Old 03-20-2006, 04:51 AM

Nabeel - if he is not lapping within tenths of a second of JB next race - he will have a lot of explaining to do to his team...

He's already off my team ....

Quick Reply: Malaysian GP Results