Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

I'm officially no longer able to support Red Bull

Old 08-26-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luder_5555
Really?

You are no longer able to support them because they took someone who is a very large fan of motorsports, and let him live out what is the ultimate dream of any F1 fan?

Regardless of your views on religion, Scientology, or pharmaceutical drugs, how does him driving, or RB allowing him to drive their F1 car effect them as a team or you in any way.

I am not a Scientologist, but I guarantee you that I know 100x's more about it than you, and I can say that to me it doesn't make any more or any less sense than any other religion out there. The biggest difference that I see between it and most other religions is that it is not based on conquering people who do not believe what you do. It doesn't say that anyone who doesn't drink your brand of cool-aid is going to burn in hell forever. It's main goal is to get people away from mind altering drugs, and realize that you hold the key to your own happiness. They certainly do have some aspects that are a bit odd, but honestly I find the though of some dude up in the sky controlling everything to be a bit odd too. (that statement was about as accurate and well informed as I am guessing that your idea of Scientology is, which I am guessing is based off of South Park's explanation of it.) I can tell you with about 99% certainty that Scientology as a whole has not intentionally committed countless genocides to prove that their belief is best, like most major religions have. Their biggest concern seems to be that our entire country seems to think that a pill is the correct solution for everything. Which oddly enough is one of the first things that almost every person that I know from other countries comments on when they watch our TV and commercials. "you guys have a pill for everything, don't you."

I am not claiming that one belief is right, that any of them are right, or that any of them are wrong. I personally believe that if what you believe in helps you feel better about yourself, and helps you to be a better person, then you can believe in whatever you want to. I am saying that criticizing RB for going out and having a track day with someone who is a true enthusiast, regardless of their beliefs or yours is completely stupid.

I really hope that I am not stirring the pot too much with this one, but I was overwhelmed by the ignorance here and felt like ranting for a little while.
First let me say I agree that there is nothing wrong with RB taking Cruse out for a dream day. I'm very jealous and hope one day RB does the same for me.

I must however strongly disagree with your claims for Scientology. They may not have killed millions of people but they are crazier and more evil than most groups out there. This opinion comes from first hand experience. I have worked with, for and alongside them many many times. I know far more about it than I care to. They are run a level based system and people on higher levels treat those on lower levels like dirt, like trash that should have been thrown out weeks ago.(one moves between levels by spending lots of money) I have never seen such disrespect between people who are working toward the same goals. They are pathetic people on a power trip. Trust me this is not an isolated incident either, I have seen it many times in many cities. Furthermore it is not just "mind altering" drugs, it is almost all medical practice of any kind. When some gets hurt nobody comes over to help them, everyone around them goes silent and they all stare and the injured person, its pathetic.

I don't believe in religion of any kind, but I believe Scientology is in fact worse than most. I could go on and on, but frankly I have wasted too much energy on them already.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Video.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/26/t...wil/#continued
Old 08-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They may not have killed millions of people but they are crazier and more evil than most groups out there.
You are correct on that. Charging people money to learn things, or giving the option if they want to dedicate their lives to it to do it for free is indeed much more evil than the Pope telling people in AIDs infested African countries NOT to use condoms...
Old 08-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Cool video BTW.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2k007
And by accounts he's a pretty darn good driver for amatuer.
thats a pretty difficult point of view... yeah he's a race enthusiast and paid for a lot of rides and competed, but his record speaks for itself. "Cruise n Crash".

http://jalopnik.com/5604598/how-tom-...se-crash-again

he also went wide in a way ive never seen before at willow springs at the exit of turn 2, which is just a nice banked sweeper. they either set that car up for massive push, or he just screwed up the whole line.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM

^ Considering how twitchy an F1 car is, I wouldn't surprised if they made it very "pushy".

As far as his driving I don't think that they ever showed a full lap, so it is hard to tell. Plus with a car as fast, powerful, and grippy as an F1 car I think it is more of a hold on and try to keep it on the black stuff exercise. I am not going to pretend for a second that I could get even 80% of the potential out of an F1 car. I would expect to be able to tell more about a person's driving from watching them in a miata or s2k than in an F1 car. When just driving the car is a challenge, you can't expect them to get everything else right unless they have tons of experience.

I just re-watched the TG where RH drives the F1 car. They start him in the kiddy cars and move him up through the different levels of car until he finally gets to F1. I would consider him an above average driver, and he could barely drive the F1 car. Being TG you have no idea how much of that was real and how much was show, but I would imagine just driving at your own limit in an F1 car you be a huge challenge in itself.

With this RB vid it says that he gets within 4mph of the other guys top speed which I find damn impressive. The only thing that would take away from that would be if the car reached its terminal velocity with the other driver. And of course 4mph is still a lot when racing wheel to wheel. I know in karting that if you can get even just 1 extra mph on the straights it is normally the difference between making the pass or not.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Give me $10 Million of God will "call you home".
Old 08-27-2011, 10:30 PM