Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

I'm officially no longer able to support Red Bull

Old 08-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I'm officially no longer able to support Red Bull

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...1/8/12427.html
Old 08-24-2011, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he wouldn't be the first closet gay guy in f1....(hint: nico rosberg...)
Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not against gay people in F1 at all. However, it's douchebags that I have concerns about.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_wjp262RY[/media]
Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really?

You are no longer able to support them because they took someone who is a very large fan of motorsports, and let him live out what is the ultimate dream of any F1 fan?

Regardless of your views on religion, Scientology, or pharmaceutical drugs, how does him driving, or RB allowing him to drive their F1 car effect them as a team or you in any way.

I am not a Scientologist, but I guarantee you that I know 100x's more about it than you, and I can say that to me it doesn't make any more or any less sense than any other religion out there. The biggest difference that I see between it and most other religions is that it is not based on conquering people who do not believe what you do. It doesn't say that anyone who doesn't drink your brand of cool-aid is going to burn in hell forever. It's main goal is to get people away from mind altering drugs, and realize that you hold the key to your own happiness. They certainly do have some aspects that are a bit odd, but honestly I find the though of some dude up in the sky controlling everything to be a bit odd too. (that statement was about as accurate and well informed as I am guessing that your idea of Scientology is, which I am guessing is based off of South Park's explanation of it.) I can tell you with about 99% certainty that Scientology as a whole has not intentionally committed countless genocides to prove that their belief is best, like most major religions have. Their biggest concern seems to be that our entire country seems to think that a pill is the correct solution for everything. Which oddly enough is one of the first things that almost every person that I know from other countries comments on when they watch our TV and commercials. "you guys have a pill for everything, don't you."

I am not claiming that one belief is right, that any of them are right, or that any of them are wrong. I personally believe that if what you believe in helps you feel better about yourself, and helps you to be a better person, then you can believe in whatever you want to. I am saying that criticizing RB for going out and having a track day with someone who is a true enthusiast, regardless of their beliefs or yours is completely stupid.

I really hope that I am not stirring the pot too much with this one, but I was overwhelmed by the ignorance here and felt like ranting for a little while.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good ranting luder 5555.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Good response Luder_5555.

Peace,Love & S2K - RedBull lives for publicity. Perhaps you personally hate Tom Cruise and that has nothing to do with his religious beliefs. If so let that be known. Again this is ARD, lets not badmouth someone. I wished I were Tom Cruise every time I see all the cool motorcycles and cars he gets to drive.

Even if he were gay, would that really be an issue considering S2KI has several members that belong to that community.

We have a weekend in Spa coming up and lets focus on that. This little RedBull sideshow must not consume our attention
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 AM

I wished I were Tom Cruise every time I see all the cool motorcycles and cars he gets to drive.
I agree. That and the way he has made most of his money is essentially playing. Look at his movies. Tell me that Filming any of the MI movies wouldn't have been more fun than anything I have ever done. And he has some REALLY fun looking toys.

And not that it would matter if he were, but where do people get this gay stuff from?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And by accounts he's a pretty darn good driver for amatuer.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:37 AM

luder_5555 +1
Old 08-26-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by PeaceLove&S2K
However, it's douchebags that I have concerns about.
Your username does not seem like an appropriate choice, I'm just sayin...

Quick Reply: I'm officially no longer able to support Red Bull