Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Honda Seats in '09

Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brackley, England - Lucas di Grassi will test for the Honda Formula One team later this month, joining fellow Brazilian Bruno Senna, nephew of racing legend Ayrton Senna. The pair will test the Honda RA108 car for the Japanese team at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona during Honda's first official winter test, which runs from November 17 to 19.

Honda revealed that di Grassi, who finished second in the GP2 Series in 2007 and third this year, will be given a full day of testing. The 24-year-old has previously done a lot of testing with Renault but has no chance of a drive with the French team next season after it decided to stick with Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet Jr.

"This is a very well-deserved opportunity for Lucas to prove his potential after such an impressive performance in GP2 this season and during his testing responsibilities with the ING Renault F1 Team," said Honda team principal Ross Brawn.

"We look forward to seeing Lucas in action and will take a keen interest in how he performs."

For his part, di Grassi said he was looking forward to the challenge.

"The next two weeks will be a very important stage in my development and I will be spending a lot of time at the Honda Racing F1 team's factory before the test to speak with the engineers and learn as much as possible in advance of the test," he said.

Honda revealed on November 3 that Senna, who currently races in the GP2 Series, would be testing in Barcelona.

Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello were the Honda drivers for the 2008 F1 season but Senna is favourite to replace countryman Barrichello for next year.

"We are in no hurry. We can afford to wait until shortly before Christmas," said Honda F1 CEO Nick Fry about when a decision about next season's driver line-up will be made.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 AM

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72035

Button tells Honda to retain Barrichello

Jenson Button has urged his Honda Racing chiefs to stick with Rubens Barrichello next year - as he thinks the team will be better off with two experienced drivers.

Honda have announced in the past few days that they are to test Brazilian youngsters Bruno Senna and Lucas di Grassi at Barcelona in Spain later this month as part of their evaluation process for a future race seat.

And although team CEO Nick Fry says it is important the team evaluate new blood, Button thinks Honda would be better off sticking with the experienced Barrichello for 2009.

When asked at a preview press conference for the Race of Champions whether he felt having two experienced drivers was vital for Honda, Button said: "Yes, definitely, especially with the new regulations.

"There are so many changes aerodynamically with the car, and with the KERS also, and the slick tyres, they will need a lot of feedback from us. And having a new boy in the car, I don't feel that you get as much feedback. But it is not my decision."

Button said that he felt Barrichello - who outqualified him 10 times this season - was in the best shape he had seen this year.

"He has driven better this year, than at any point since he has been with our team," said Button. "This is his best season and he says he is driving better now than he ever has done, and I don't think Rubens lies.

"He tells the truth, which is always good in a teammate, and he has put in some very good performances.

"The last three races have been his best. In the race we have been very similar in pace, but in qualifying he has beaten me in the last three races. He has done a good job."

Despite his feelings about Barrichello, Button believes the team were doing the right thing in trying out Senna and di Grassi

"Well it is interesting for the team and it gives them a chance, which is good for them," he said. "But I think it is important to test inexperienced drivers to see how quick they are because nobody really knows.

"Bruno almost won the GP2 championship, he finished behind Pantano who has been there for 10 years, but he might be astonishingly quick in an F1 car, we don't know."

Button's own deal for next year has not yet been confirmed, although autosport.com understands that provisional agreement about him remaining onboard has been reached.

"Nothing is sorted or signed but the team know how I feel and I think I know how the team feels," said Button. "Hopefully we can sort something out soon."
Old 11-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

^^^^ I wonder if the following will have a Negative effect for RB especially in regard to Honda??
A controversy has erupted in Brazil and Germany, as the health of the relationship between Felipe Massa and his Ferrari mentor Michael Schumacher is called into doubt.

According to the Brazilian newspaper Lance, Schumacher's former Ferrari teammate Rubens Barrichello - after a few too many caipirinhas - leapt onto a stage at the Sao Paulo nightclub 'Disco' last Sunday night and began singing.

Reportedly, the song consisted of the puerile claim that Schumacher is "viado" - a derogatory term meaning gay in Brazilian Portuguese.

Lance reports that Massa, an open admirer of the seven time world champion and recipient of the Ferrari advisor's guidance, initially disapproved but ultimately joined in the chorus when Barrichello threw his arm around the 2008 championship runner-up.

"That Rubens does something like this does not surprise me," Schumacher's long time manager Willi Weber told Bild newspaper.

"But as for Felipe, I am surprised, because the two have a really good understanding with each other and are close friends."

A Ferrari spokesman, Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm, and Schumacher himself declined to comment.

Schumacher, 39, has been married to wife Corinna since 1995, and they have two children.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Banned

HAHAHA GOOD JOB MASSA YOU ASS.....YOU JUST PISSED OFF THE CHIN!!!

Guess who will now be in a Ferrari next year? Vettel!!!

As for Honda.....di Grassi would be awesome.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:54 PM
TJR

Senna may be a good Choice ??
Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

Senna will bring $$$ to the Honda team from endorsements. Its akin to the Earnhardt effect.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Senna's probably the best Honda can get if they decide to get rid of Rubens.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:47 PM

i cant wait to see another Senna driving a HONDA

im very optimistic about Honda's F1 future.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:45 AM
TJR

Originally Posted by suzukablueS2000,Nov 14 2008, 02:47 PM

Old 11-16-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by suzukablueS2000,Nov 14 2008, 02:47 PM

Nice AVATAR BTW

Quick Reply: Honda Seats in '09