Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Hamilton: "I am as good as Senna."

Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hamilton: "I am as good as Senna."

Sport.de claims that in talking to journalists before the Japanese GP, Lewis Hamilton proclaimed:

"I know I am as good as Ayrton Senna" apparently stunning even seasoned British journalists present (though presumably not Peter Windsor) "don't you know I'm the best?"

"I can tell immediately where the line with the most grip is". Mocking Massa he added that being good on a wet track is not automatic for Brazilians and that Felipe in such conditions "cannot find the limit"...
http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2008/1...d-as-senna.html
Old 10-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOL
Old 10-11-2008, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a moron ...... give Vettel the same car and we'll see who can be better, still Vetell will be humble while Lewis will say that he is better than Vettel ..

OScar
Old 10-11-2008, 09:08 AM

he def wins f1 douche of the year this season
Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM

im surprised he said it.

reporter: "How do you judge Hamilton?"

Bernie: "An extraordinary talent, right up with Senna and Schumacher. Last year as a rookie he almost won the title, do you remember other who did that?"
Old 10-11-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oscar_driver,Oct 11 2008, 06:08 AM
what a moron ...... give Vettel the same car and we'll see who can be better, still Vetell will be humble while Lewis will say that he is better than Vettel ..
Wow, that's so delusional I don't know where to start.

First of all, when Alonso had the same car as Hamilton, Hamilton was dead even with him and/or perhaps better. So do you think Vettel is better than Alonso, who has two championships and came within a point of a third? Maybe you do, because you obviously think he is better than Hamilton who was also within a point of a championship and is leading this year.

Secondly, Vettel is a professional race car driver. He is not "humble". No professional race car driver is humble. Seriously. Some are just a little more media-savvy than others.

And finally, Vettel has won a single F1 race in his first two years of F1 racing. Good for him, most people haven't. But that's a far cry from challenging for the championship in both of his first two years of F1 racing. Hamilton backs up his talk on the track.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Oct 11 2008, 11:14 AM
Wow, that's so delusional I don't know where to start.

First of all, when Alonso had the same car as Hamilton, Hamilton was dead even with him and/or perhaps better. So do you think Vettel is better than Alonso, who has two championships and came within a point of a third? Maybe you do, because you obviously think he is better than Hamilton who was also within a point of a championship and is leading this year.

Secondly, Vettel is a professional race car driver. He is not "humble". No professional race car driver is humble. Seriously. Some are just a little more media-savvy than others.

And finally, Vettel has won a single F1 race in his first two years of F1 racing. Good for him, most people haven't. But that's a far cry from challenging for the championship in both of his first two years of F1 racing. Hamilton backs up his talk on the track.
wow, i don't even know where to start myself here ...

---------
"First of all, when Alonso had the same car as Hamilton, Hamilton was dead even with him and/or perhaps better. "...

You know very well that that is not the case, what happened between Alonso and Lewis was pure politics and a total unexpected favoritism towards LH been a british and also LH been a whole new project for Ron Dennis ,, Alonso got caught in the middle of a project to bring a young british driver back to the champions/winners club, something that doesn't happen in a quite while.
Do you wonder why Alonso left Mclaren?
----------

"So do you think Vettel is better than Alonso, who has two championships and came within a point of a third?"

I do think that Alonso is better than LH yes but i do not deny that LH it's an amazing driver but still he needs to grow up and be a man, and stop pretending he is saint and yes he also needs to stop thinking he is the most AMAZING driving ever --perhaps he drives an almost perfect F1 car?, have you seen how Massa and Kimi work hard those Fcars comparing with the McLarens?-- .. and yes i think Vettel could be a better driver if you gave them the same car, and then we go back to 07 when Alonso got caught in the middle of a project .. blah blah blah read my first thought ..
------------

"Secondly, Vettel is a professional race car driver. He is not "humble". No professional race car driver is humble. Seriously. Some are just a little more media-savvy than others."

Are you seriously telling me that you seriously think that they are all megalomaniac as LH?

------------
"And finally, Vettel has won a single F1 race in his first two years of F1 racing. Good for him, most people haven't. But that's a far cry from challenging for the championship in both of his first two years of F1 racing. Hamilton backs up his talk on the track."

Dude, Vettel drives a freaking Minardi .... WTF? LOL ....

----

Don't get mad i called Ham a moron, he is, and you are a fanboy .. I Cheer for Massa and i know he sucks on the rain and i see he gets better every race .. capice?

OScar
Old 10-11-2008, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Birel186,Oct 11 2008, 02:09 PM
Bernie: "An extraordinary talent, right up with Senna and Schumacher. Last year as a rookie he almost won the title, do you remember other who did that?"
Uummm, because most rookies DON'T get into a top car. LH got into the McFerrari - that is the ONLY reason he did as well as he did. If he would have been in a Force India car, he would have been at the back every race.

PS - LH has a attitude problem....
Old 10-11-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Oct 11 2008, 02:14 PM
But that's a far cry from challenging for the championship in both of his first two years of F1 racing. Hamilton backs up his talk on the track.
Put Vettel in a Ferrari and I bet he challenges for a title...

The ONLY reason LH is challenging for a title is because he is in a top car. Take that car away from him and he won't be challenging. Proof - Alonso - 2 time WDC, this year he is nowhere because he is a slower car...
Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oscar_driver,Oct 11 2008, 01:28 PM
wow, i don't even know where to start myself here ...

---------
"First of all, when Alonso had the same car as Hamilton, Hamilton was dead even with him and/or perhaps better. "...

You know very well that that is not the case, what happened between Alonso and Lewis was pure politics and a total unexpected favoritism towards LH been a british and also LH been a whole new project for Ron Dennis ,, Alonso got caught in the middle of a project to bring a young british driver back to the champions/winners club, something that doesn't happen in a quite while.
Do you wonder why Alonso left Mclaren?
----------

"So do you think Vettel is better than Alonso, who has two championships and came within a point of a third?"

I do think that Alonso is better than LH yes but i do not deny that LH it's an amazing driver but still he needs to grow up and be a man, and stop pretending he is saint and yes he also needs to stop thinking he is the most AMAZING driving ever --perhaps he drives an almost perfect F1 car?, have you seen how Massa and Kimi work hard those Fcars comparing with the McLarens?-- .. and yes i think Vettel could be a better driver if you gave them the same car, and then we go back to 07 when Alonso got caught in the middle of a project .. blah blah blah read my first thought ..
------------

"Secondly, Vettel is a professional race car driver. He is not "humble". No professional race car driver is humble. Seriously. Some are just a little more media-savvy than others."

Are you seriously telling me that you seriously think that they are all megalomaniac as LH?

------------
"And finally, Vettel has won a single F1 race in his first two years of F1 racing. Good for him, most people haven't. But that's a far cry from challenging for the championship in both of his first two years of F1 racing. Hamilton backs up his talk on the track."

Dude, Vettel drives a freaking Minardi .... WTF? LOL ....

----

Don't get mad i called Ham a moron, he is, and you are a fanboy .. I Cheer for Massa and i know he sucks on the rain and i see he gets better every race .. capice?

OScar
Not the case? They ended up with exactly the same number of points driving the same car for the same team.

No, the drivers are not all the same. Some are more brash than others. But none of them are "humble". It's just not a trait that makes you a pro race car driver.

As for Vettel driving a Minardi -- if he's good enough, a better team will hire him. Since they haven't, maybe that says he's not good enough yet.

It's an odd thing that in this forum, calling the guy who is leading the F1 championship a great driver gets labelled "fanboy". WTF? If I say Jimmy Johnson is a great driver, does that make me a fanboy for him too?

Quick Reply: Hamilton: "I am as good as Senna."