Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

F1 Suzuka Race ***SPOILERS***

Old 10-10-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have this race in full, recorded? I'm willing to PayPal for the service!

I missed it b/c I went to bed early for an autox didn't think it was going to be too exciting, only to come home, and find out it was one of the best. Nuts.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:58 PM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Oct 10 2005, 07:33 AM
FA then proceeded to get right up to and hank with Kimi and even looked like he was going to pressure Kimi, until it looked like he missed a shift or had mechanical problems and completely lost his position on Kimi.
At this point in the race FA was ahead of KR and behind MS. He had come right up behind MS when he suddenly slowed. This allowed KR to catch up to FA by the time CK went by again.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waltk88,Oct 10 2005, 03:58 PM
At this point in the race FA was ahead of KR and behind MS. He had come right up behind MS when he suddenly slowed. This allowed KR to catch up to FA by the time CK went by again.
Your right, I messed up the order.

The key here being the FIA made a crappy call and FA and Team Renault are taking up the but.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by PilotSi,Oct 10 2005, 06:04 PM
Does anybody have this race in full, recorded? I'm willing to PayPal for the service!

I missed it b/c I went to bed early for an autox didn't think it was going to be too exciting, only to come home, and find out it was one of the best. Nuts.
I've got it (and virtually every race since ~95). I'll be editing out the commercials and burning it to DVD today or tomorrow. It's a bit to big to send across the wire (7G!!!).

Lemme know if you want it.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM

On Speed, everyone talks about how Kimi had such a great race - I personally thought that FA had the brilliant race - though with flawed tactics.

We never really know if it's car or driver, but I know FA was able to pull off more stunning passes over more drivers than Kimi. It may be as stated that Kimi's car does not work as well in the tow - or it could be just amazing driving by FA - don't know. keep in mind I'm much more of a fan of Kimi than FA (not a fan of him at all actually) but you have to call it like you see it.

Kimi's pass for the lead was exciting as hell thought.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:06 PM

If I were Fissi I would have faked a little lock up and blown through the chicane
Old 10-11-2005, 03:19 PM

I just watched this one.

Best race of the year!! The finish was incredible, but FAs passes of MS were jaw dropping! It's nice to see Kimi's equipment not let him down. The Renaults are clearly better in traffic, but both the Renault and McLaren are PHENOMENAL machines. What was Webber doing in there? I paid good money to have someone pour sugar in his gas tank!

The best part about a Kimi win is that scintillating post race interview he'll give!
Old 10-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by drewchie,Oct 11 2005, 03:19 PM
The best part about a Kimi win is that scintillating post race interview he'll give!
He is getting better. I understood at least three words this time
Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 PM

Just a point to think about - Kimi has ~ 50Hp on Fernando. The new "E" spec Renault should help this weekend, though

F1DNA

Sebring/Black

T.D.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by l8brakr,Oct 11 2005, 06:06 PM
If I were Fissi I would have faked a little lock up and blown through the chicane
It should be interesting to see if Fissi rumors come up during the silly season. I think Trulli is a better driver than Fissi, and Flavio fired Trulli's ass after he fell apart in one race and lost the win. As I watched Kimi close in on Fissi I could not help but think that this set of events was going to have a very direct effect upon Fissi's career...

Quick Reply: F1 Suzuka Race ***SPOILERS***