Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

F1 Australia ***SPOILERS***

Old 03-19-2007, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

poor honda

mclaren or ferrari for constructors championship?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 AM

No matter how good Hamilton is, McLaren won't allow him to be on top of unibrow at least for this season.
Honda is just hopeless
Old 03-19-2007, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was a great race!

Sure Kimi was out front, but that does not take away from all the other great things that happened. Honestly speaking I thought teams would have much more dramatic problems when they had to run their second choice tires in the race itself.

Honda's situation is soooo sad.

McLaren is looking very strong, and Hamilton is totally impressive. Not only did he run a great race, but his interview showed a driver who can be articulate and professional and calm. His 1st race, his 1st podium and he acted more professional and refined than some racers who have been around for many, many, many years.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:04 AM

Oh, and another thing.

For the Ferrari/Michael Schumacher haters- Kimi performed perfectly, he ran away from the field. Just because MS is gone it is clear the red cars have what it takes. Ferrari has not been winning just because of MS and RB and JT, Ferrai has been winning because they are a winning team. Period.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:36 AM

great race. stayed up till 2am watching the dam thing on speed. It was a great start. Looks like that new gear box did the job. KR ahead like 28 sec. at one point. even laping PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

KR is my man to take the title this year. The Ferrari will allow him to showcase his raw speed at every round.

I am really looking forward to the Alonso-Hamilton battle, and hope it lasts all season. I'm rooting for Hamilton.

Further down the grid, Honda vs. Super Aguri will be interesting. How funny if Button gets beat by Sato this season?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 PM

Hamilton was amazing for a young rookie and he even speaks okay. Good times ahead for him. I wish they wouldn't make anything out of his ethnicity but the media just can't help themselves eh?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM

I was impressed by Hamilton's composure on the track and in the post race interview.

If it wasn't for being held up a few times, he probably could have finished ahead of FA.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple-H' date='Mar 19 2007, 10:04 AM

For the Ferrari/Michael Schumacher hater
Doug,
I hate Ferrari much less now that The Chin is gone.
I really am looking forward to seeing FM and KR go head to head.

Also Doug, do not dismiss WC FA, KR or FM are no where near the skill of FA, they just have a bit better car right now...I hate all the above, so im not happy but FA is the man to beat.. Period. I also think FM is the one who will shine brightest at Ferrari.

Do NOT discount Honda yet... Just a fair warning to ALL the Honda Racing F1 Team bashers

Ferrari SUCKED for the first 3 races last year, that is why they lost chanpionships, but it is also logical why they are starting so strong this year.

As a loyal fan to the 2 honda F1 teams i will accept if they do horribly, thats my job, but when they turn it around, those who bashed must accept the revenge of nabeel, HondaF1 (board name) and Incubus, and Me of course.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Marco' date='Mar 19 2007, 06:41 PM
...........those who bashed must accept the revenge of nabeel, HondaF1 (board name) and Incubus, and Me of course.

Quick Reply: F1 Australia ***SPOILERS***