Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Discuss the German GP

Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discuss the German GP

Why is FOX showing the German GP? I can understand the Canadian GP since it would be live for ppl to watch in NA, but 5 hour delay for every race after the Canadian GP? I hope they go back to speed live, but they are probably making more money with FOX.

Now that my little rant is over, what an impressive drive from piquet. Could this cause Alonso to leave Renault for sure? Massa with some mistakes towards the end. tsk tsk

P.S. Damn I guess if Doug doesn't start a thread about a F1 race, then no one will start one? I may have to help out ;p. Anyways everyone discuss plz
Old 07-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samerthehammer,Jul 20 2008, 11:42 AM
Why is FOX showing the German GP? I can understand the Canadian GP since it would be live for ppl to watch in NA, but 5 hour delay for every race after the Canadian GP? I hope they go back to speed live, but they are probably making more money with FOX.
Dude, it was announced before the season ever started that FOX would carry four races: Canadian, French, British, German. You don't really have to be guessing here.

I wouldn't be surprised, actually, if it isn't F1 that is insisting on this as a condition for allowing Fox to carry F1 on their cable channel, Speed.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned

Well Alonso isn't going to leave b/c of Piquet's performance as he is a vastly superior driver to Nelson. Alonso is probably the best driver there is in F1 at the moment. He is just in a car that is not as fast as the Ferrari or McCheater.

What is really disappointing is Massa practically giving LH a spot with no fight. My God....does he want his seat next year? You have to fight him off better than that. With Massa spinning more that a ferris wheel at Silverstone the other race, and his performance at this race by letting LH pass without a fight, I hope Ferrari does the smart thing and get FA in that seat in 2009.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned

And where is Kimi? Was he out partying too much this race weekend. Another big disappointment.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fans can thank Timo Glock (well actually, Toyota since the susp failure wasn't glock's fault) for that exciting 2nd half of the race
Old 07-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Jul 20 2008, 10:55 AM
Well Alonso isn't going to leave b/c of Piquet's performance as he is a vastly superior driver to Nelson. Alonso is probably the best driver there is in F1 at the moment. He is just in a car that is not as fast as the Ferrari or McCheater.

What is really disappointing is Massa practically giving LH a spot with no fight. My God....does he want his seat next year? You have to fight him off better than that. With Massa spinning more that a ferris wheel at Silverstone the other race, and his performance at this race by letting LH pass without a fight, I hope Ferrari does the smart thing and get FA in that seat in 2009.
Nelson got the spot due to pure luck. He could not hold LH even for a corner.I am sure FA would have made him work harder. I have never been a FA fan but his performance this season has been amazing.
Massa was plain pathetic today.
And last but not the least Hamilton was very good today.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by [gTr
,Jul 20 2008, 02:48 PM] I have never been a FA fan but his performance this season has been amazing.
Absolutely. FA is taking basically a 10-14th place car beyond where it should be on his pure skill. If he was in a Ferrari or McLaren he would be schooling the field.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by [gTr
,Jul 20 2008, 12:48 PM] Nelson got the spot due to pure luck. He could not hold LH even for a corner.
He didn't even try. He said after the race that he decided to just give Hamilton the spot. He figured that racing him would just let Massa catch up, and then he would have eventually lost second as well.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PQ got incredibly lucky with his pit stop right at the safety car. Otherwise he would not have scored a single point. I'm not an Alonso fan but he does drive well.

Where are the Lewis haters today? Sucking eggs again! Go Lewis! I did not like Heike stepping aside so obviously in the hairpin. You fellows need acting lessons! McCheaters are prospering.

Coulthard can't retire soon enough for me. He seemed to race cleanly with JB through some thrilling corners but he ran RB right off the road!

Kubica's BMW fell off the planet but Quick Nick's sure ran better today.

Glock was so lucky, considering the suspension break was unlucky. Can you imagine the G-force impact if he didn't hit that wall at an angle?! As it was, Glock got his clock cleaned.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Jul 20 2008, 01:17 PM
I did not like Heike stepping aside so obviously in the hairpin.
I read that Dennis says he gave no orders. He just informed him that Hamilton was much quicker, and left the decision up to the drivers. Read that as you will.

Fact is that Heike didn't make a pass on the two guys that Hamilton did get past, so it's likely that from either a "sporting" sense or a team sense, it was the right decision.

And maybe he just didn't want to get bounced out into the dirt the way Massa was.

Quick Reply: Discuss the German GP