Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Dave Despain Goes Flippin Nuts!

Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Despain Goes Flippin Nuts!

My friends, your NASCAR hate emails have worked. Take a look at this clip. It is freaking hilarious!!!

Despain Goes OFF!

BTW this was done LIVE. You think he still has a job
Old 09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

LOL. Come on was that real or a dub over?!?! That is not really like DD to go off like that. But if so...LAWL!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:08 PM

If that was live - he will probably be looking for the unemployment office tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM

we should all start sending him email about there being too much nascar on speed
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

omg thats from like 2 years ago. and yes its real.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, this is old, and as I recall it was broadcast.

But it is still damn funny and good to see again, thanks!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 AM

wow I had no idea it was that old... i really thought it was relatively recent. Man I'm slippin.....
Old 09-13-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OMG! That was real? It actually happened, it wasn't an audio dub? Holy shit! And that was 2 years ago?? Damn, miss an episode, miss a lot.

I wish I saw that when it happened instead of break.com (nothin' like seeing it live).

Wow!!!

Well, I have NEVER seen Dave like that. I worked with him on a few stories, back when "Bike Week" and "Motorcyclist" was on the air and he's ALWAYS been professional. I've never seen Dave like that. He always had his head together and could come up with the right open or close stand-up or bridge or a vo right off the top of his head. Of course, if he screwed something up, he'd cuss and make fun of it. But hey, it was tape and not live, so no harm no fowl.

But this was live? Wow, even as cool a guy as he is, I'm still surprised he wasn't immediately fired.

Warren
Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 310 Likes on 149 Posts

Nice story about Speedvision/Speed Channel in the latest C&D. Basically the only difference now (10 years on) is that NASCAR replaced the non-automotive speed sports (boats, planes). There's essentially the same number of hours of automotive (non-racing) and non-NASCAR auto racing as there ever was. Plus there's recognition that even a NASCAR fan can only watch so much TV, so it's unlikely that Speed will significantly increase NASCAR coverage (or at least, not at the expense of other racing).

They also learned that you can't program everything non-NASCAR for the middle of the night -- that's what happened with WRC, which was dumped this year cause no one was watching it a 2am or whatever last year. So WRC will come back next year in better timeslots; and more significantly, other auto racing series probably won't suffer the same fate.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twohoos,Sep 14 2006, 11:50 AM
So WRC will come back next year in better timeslots; and more significantly, other auto racing series probably won't suffer the same fate.
What do you mean "more significantly"? When they showed about three hours of coverage per weekend, WRC was the best thing on the Speed Channel. When they cut it down to half an hour per weekend, it became meaningless highlight clips.

Quick Reply: Dave Despain Goes Flippin Nuts!