Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Adrian Newey to Red Bull

Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adrian Newey to Red Bull

Newey joins RBR as chief technical officer. This to me is one of the biggest shockers in personnel changes. No further details have been released yet.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

indeed, its' been confirmed this AM..

a huge coup for Red Bull and huge shoes to fill at McLaren

Oh Ron .. oh Ron.. what have you done man.. !!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by s2ksimon,Nov 8 2005, 05:28 AM

KR to Ferrari dosen't seem so far-fetched all of a sudden...
Old 11-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Red Bull has assembled a great team. Newey designs coupled with DC's experience driving those cars. DC is a great team leader for Red Bulls young drivers.
IMO Kimi would be foolish to leave Mclaren. With the tire change rule for 06 and that car, he has the best shot at a drivers championship.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2ksimon,Nov 8 2005, 08:28 AM

Holy crap, I'm not only thrilled with the insertion of great skill into my Red Bull team, but I'm also happy about McLaren's loss...

This is amazing news, I just have to say I really like what I'm seeing when it comes to RBR.

So, any thoughts on what DC's role in this may or may not have been. Clearly Adrian and DC have had some time together at McLaren right...
Old 11-09-2005, 07:20 AM

Newey almost jumped ship to Jaguar a couple years ago before Dennis convinced him to sign a k extension.

It does seem that he likes to follow DC.

The development of next year's car is already well underway, so I wonder how much input he'll actually have at this point?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:34 AM

He'll influence the year after's car, but not the current car. RBR will be strong in 07 with Ferrari motors.

As for KR -- next year's tire change solution is not ideal for McLaren at all. Michelins are known for their endurance while Bridgestone is known for their sprints. That's why Bridgestone wasn't successful this last year. Next year, IMO we will see a decline from McLaren's threat at the front.

Look at Williams -- the last time they won the championship was when Newey was with them for their 97 car w/ JV driving.

I can easily see KR moving now...
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 AM

Had tire changes been allowed this past season, Kimi would have kicked arse. The McLaren package was superior to Renault at most tracks. How many times did you watch him race through the grid from a bad starting position, more so at the end of the season after chassie set ups led to less tire ware.
So IMO he'll stay with Mclaren, besides Ferrari's budget for the coming years is not big enough to stay that competative (wheres GM when they need them?)
Oh, did I mention I'm a long time red car fan go or bad seasons.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 AM

Wouldn't be great for Red Bull and the sport if DC moved into a manegement position with the RB team?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 AM

Well, Renault dominated in the early half of the season -- and FA was still on podium considering Renault dialed back on the revs to get his car home under the 2-race engine rule.

And in China, where the Constructor's cup was to be decided, KR was trounced on by FA.

Don't get me wrong, KR is a really good driver. But I think people forget that FA has proven that he's just as quick as KR in raw abilities. I like to bring up Japan -- KR & FA were both flying. And who knows if FA would've batteled for the lead if for those stupid FIA eediots calling FA back under Klien twice.

Quick Reply: Adrian Newey to Red Bull