Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Who will win on Sunday?
Sebastien Vettel
24.00%
Lewis Hamilton
32.00%
Mark Webber
4.00%
Jenson Button
20.00%
Fernando Alonso
8.00%
Nick Heidfeld
0%
Nico Rosberg
0%
Felipe Massa
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
8.00%
Michael Schumacher
4.00%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Sébastien Buemi
0%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Paul di Resta
0%
Jaime Alguersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
0%
Jerôme d'Ambrosio
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What about that crazy corner worker? I was cringed when I saw he flopping on the track.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markpenske
What about that crazy corner worker? I was cringed when I saw he flopping on the track.
WHAT?
I have not seen the entire race
Tell me more!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by markpenske' timestamp='1307986508' post='20677530
WHAT?
I have not seen the entire race
Tell me more!

During the last safety car period, corner workers got onto the track before the cars had bunched up behind the safety car. Three guys got onto the track. One headed towards the edge of the track, saw the car coming and stepped off the track, the third guy was still not on the asphalt and held his place. The second guy though appears to have panicked lost his balance and fell backwards and one car nearly avoided hitting him as the second car Kobayashi (I think) got on the brakes real hard. The workers appeared to have gotten on to the track before they were told it was safe to do so.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Well the wait for the rain delay was certainly worth it. And I must say the stops for rains, intermediates, slicks imparted an interesting aire of urgency. Race after rain delay was absolutely spectacular. Button drove his a$$ off. Good show!

Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

ding! ding! ding! the following voted for Jenson Button

brax_1 ,
don2007 ,
Emil St-Hilaire ,
urbanglowcam
Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Dunno why anyone's busting on Louis. I mean, God forbid anyone should ever try to PASS in F1! He had every right to pull alongside Button and not expect him to move over on him. That said, Button's excuse that he didn't see him is believable. Racing incident.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, i was jumping up and down in the stands on the last lap! it was awesome! the rain delay sucked and we were serious contemplating leaving. i'm glad we stuck it out though. with 3 or 4 laps left the crowd started getting really excited when the announcers said "looks like Vettel has a problem. he's going slow."

it was funny seeing Maldonado come out of the pits and drive straight into the wall without turning. what a moron!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZDan
Dunno why anyone's busting on Louis. I mean, God forbid anyone should ever try to PASS in F1! He had every right to pull alongside Button and not expect him to move over on him. That said, Button's excuse that he didn't see him is believable. Racing incident.
Agreed, I don't blame him for attempting a pass, but it would've been smarter for him to try passing on the inside. Looks like he assumed Button would give him space; dangerous assumption esp with all the rain and the possibility (probablility?) that Button couldn't see him in his mirrors.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I woke up this morning, got my coffee, went down stairs and found my 8 year old watching the race for the third time on DVR. Priceless!!! Button drove an insane race. That last lap and the Button, Schumi and Webber battle were awesome. Whether you like KERS and DRS or not, he wouldn't have finished on top without them. It would have been awesome if he got a clean shot at Vettel on that final lap without vettels mistake. But I'll take that win any day.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM

I just finished watching the race, and let me say wow. I knew that JB won the race going in, but 20 laps to go I said no way in hell, six laps to go when he was in 4th i said no way in hell. That was one hell of a drive. 6 pit stops, two collisions, a flat tire, and he still figures out how to win...

As for the LH hate, I don't get it. I feel that same way about LH as I did about Lebron James a month ago. (before LBJ started being a total idiot who just needs to be quiet) But with LH, he has been getting very frustrated, and it is mainly due to the fact that he has no way of being competitive. Either he or his car is consistently 0.5-1.0 seconds slower than Vettle, and there doesn't seem to be anything that he can do about it. The incident in this race was not entirely he fault. At the point he got along side Button, he had plenty of room to make the pass. JB just didn't see him, (which makes sense since at the time there was tons of spray, and the cars don't have front facing lights) and as JB cam across, LH just ran out of room and they came together. It may have been an over aggressive move, especially when it was a teammate, but if one side were to get blamed more than the other, it would have to be JB.

On another note, I found the graphic on the bottom of the screen during Vettel's post race interview to be funny. "2nd place, matching worst finish of the season" What a slacker, he's gotten 2nd twice now!, Red Bull should just drop him from the team if he's going to drive this poorly...

Quick Reply: 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA