Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Sebastien Vettel
25.00%
Lewis Hamilton
42.86%
Mark Webber
3.57%
Jenson Button
7.14%
Fernando Alonso
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
0%
Nick Heidfeld
0%
Felipe Massa
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Michael Schumacher
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
3.57%
Sébastien Buemi
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Paul di Resta
0%
Jaime Alguersuari
0%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Jérôme d'Ambrosio
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO

Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could put tire blankets on them to keep them safe to run on... and just not let them change the tires...
Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Even Paul Hembery felt that we were all robbed and suggested that the rules be amended. See my post way up that has a link to what he said.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flite
He's an incredibly gifted driver and his pass on Schumacher was masterful. His attitude and sense of entitlement just sucks. His pissy attitude when he's stuck behind a slower driver sucks. The fact that he takes credit for any good, but places blame on everybody else when times aren't good sucks. His excuses suck. His whining sucks... Etc etc. And I really liked him his first year. He had a good attitude, he was enjoying himself, he was gracious in victory and defeat... but something has gone to his head. I think his celebrity status ruined him. I hope Jenson's consistant driving allows him to kick Louise's ass in the championship points race.

Spoiler

Old 06-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's an incredibly gifted driver and his pass on Schumacher was masterful. His attitude and sense of entitlement just sucks. His pissy attitude when he's stuck behind a slower driver sucks. The fact that he takes credit for any good, but places blame on everybody else when times aren't good sucks. His excuses suck. His whining sucks... Etc etc. And I really liked him his first year. He had a good attitude, he was enjoying himself, he was gracious in victory and defeat... but something has gone to his head. I think his celebrity status ruined him. I hope Jenson's consistant driving allows him to kick Louise's ass in the championship points race.
I think that last year he felt like he could win. And now after a year and a half of being dominated, he is getting frustrated realizing that he is in a much slower car than the Red Bull, and that he is starting to lose his status as Vettel's equal. In the last two years Lewis has gone from the most promissing young driver, considered to have a shot at being one of the greatest of all time, to getting destoyed by Vettel in every way. The fact that he has made as many races as close as he has is amazing considering how badly he has been out-qualified.

And ya, being stuck behind someone who is much slower than you is very anoying, especially when you are watching your competition run away.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to everyone for being so late. I finally caught up and finished watching the Monaco race. Pretty exciting seeing the pits mess up and the places were being changed between vettel, alonso, and button. A funny thing was that pirelli stated that vettel could have gone the rest of the race with the same soft tires; in other words 62 laps with the soft tires and when the race. The red flag rule was interesting. To restart the race after the red flag and then the tire change? weird, but on another note the same tires will be used in Canada and pirelli said the same tire strategy will not work in Canada like it did in Monaco.