Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Sebastien Vettel
25.00%
Lewis Hamilton
42.86%
Mark Webber
3.57%
Jenson Button
7.14%
Fernando Alonso
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
0%
Nick Heidfeld
0%
Felipe Massa
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Michael Schumacher
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
3.57%
Sébastien Buemi
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Paul di Resta
0%
Jaime Alguersuari
0%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Jérôme d'Ambrosio
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO

Old 05-30-2011, 10:56 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

with Paul Hembery that we wuz robbed of a thrilling finish by allowing them to change tires during the last red flag.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91893
Old 05-30-2011, 06:08 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Hamilton has apologized to the stewards for his comments on the BBC.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91898

Here is Sir Jackie's take on the issue and I agree with every word he has said.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91891
Old 05-31-2011, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kobayashi is who got screwed by the tire change. with webber on fresh rubber there was no way for the sauber to hold off that red bull for 4th. kobayashi started from 13th to finish 5th on a one stopper.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LM is an asss, ya just can't drive in under someone and crash them out. When he shoves his nose into an apex, and the car HE IS TRYING TO PASS is more than halfway infront of him, he is just driving like an assshole. I can't wait to see the penalty they give him for the Canadian GP.

SV drove another great race, but I do think he got a bit lucky with the safety car and red flag at the end. Had he been forced to finish the race on his extremely well used tires he may not have been able to hold onto 1st.

FA drove a great race, nice to see him on podium.

JB drove a good race, I just love the fact that he did so well and LH did so poorly.

MS back in the game some what, it was great seeing him closer to the front!

Renault is having real problems this year with injured drivers.

Ferrari looks to be improving, slowly.

Red Bull is the manufacturer championship as far as I'm concerned, they are just so far ahead, amazing.

Speed Announcers were a bit clueless about 2011 rule changes, sad...

Great race, I really enjoyed it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by S2k007
Oh, I'm sick of Vettel winning.
Not me, I'm doing well this year in Fantasy F1
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM

Anyone else think that changing tires during a red flag is total BS. Button would have won. I know that passing would have been really hard, but button was atleast 2 seconds faster when he coulght them.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by luder_5555
Anyone else think that changing tires during a red flag is total BS. Button would have won. I know that passing would have been really hard, but button was atleast 2 seconds faster when he coulght them.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by timrocks311
Originally Posted by luder_5555' timestamp='1306873601' post='20634916
Anyone else think that changing tires during a red flag is total BS. Button would have won. I know that passing would have been really hard, but button was atleast 2 seconds faster when he caught them.

Agreed about the Red Flag maintenance. Button is top notch but I am doubtful he would have been able to get around Alonso that quickly (would have loved to see him try though!). Sea Bass got lucky big time.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Agreed about the Red Flag maintenance. Button is top notch but I am doubtful he would have been able to get around Alonso that quickly (would have loved to see him try though!). Sea Bass got lucky big time.
While I agree that the passes would have been very difficult, allowing them to change tires took that from very difficult to damn near impossible. I just think that it is a dumb rule. I could potentially see teams taking advantage of it... I.E. go for a rediculous one-stop strategy, then have one of your team members, or better yet, training team get in an accident, need an ambulance, bring out the red flag, and get a free tire change...

For all we know Vettel's tires would have blown out on the last few laps...

Conspiracy theories aside, there really does need to be a rule change on that. The only reason that I can think of not to would be if having the tires go from really hot, to cold would make the tires unsafe to drive on. Or if someone picked up a flat from the debris.

I still think that it's a sh*t deal for Button.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by luder_5555

While I agree that the passes would have been very difficult, allowing them to change tires took that from very difficult to damn near impossible. I just think that it is a dumb rule. I could potentially see teams taking advantage of it... I.E. go for a rediculous one-stop strategy, then have one of your team members, or better yet, training team get in an accident, need an ambulance, bring out the red flag, and get a free tire change...

For all we know Vettel's tires would have blown out on the last few laps...

Conspiracy theories aside, there really does need to be a rule change on that. The only reason that I can think of not to would be if having the tires go from really hot, to cold would make the tires unsafe to drive on. Or if someone picked up a flat from the debris.

I still think that it's a sh*t deal for Button.

Quick Reply: 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO