Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Sebastien Vettel
25.00%
Lewis Hamilton
42.86%
Mark Webber
3.57%
Jenson Button
7.14%
Fernando Alonso
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
0%
Nick Heidfeld
0%
Felipe Massa
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Michael Schumacher
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
3.57%
Sébastien Buemi
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Paul di Resta
0%
Jaime Alguersuari
0%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Jérôme d'Ambrosio
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO

Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More typical whining for Louise "crybaby" Hamilton:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91854

Really?? It's because he's black?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:43 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Flite
More typical whining for Louise "crybaby" Hamilton:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/91854

Really?? It's because he's black?
well, he was joking about it. So I don't really think he was playing that card.

His collisions aside, I think his pass on Schumacher was awesome. He needs a good manager. He is very competitive and does not like being held back, but sometimes it is the luck of the draw and he needs to adapt to the situation and race without incident. His whining is an issue and is certainly not winning him any popularity contests.

Spoiler

After the race ended, I got thinking about whether there'd be any changes the FIA would make for car design in Monaco. Way too many crashes and drivers being carried away in ambulances. The doctors at the Princess Grace hospital must have had a busy weekend. I'm thinking the FIA will make some changes to the barriers around the chicane and possibly the asphalt around the area. Imagine if DRS use had been allowed for the tunnel as planned earlier, I think that would have scary repercussions based on how the current weekend panned out.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Former Moderator

He's an incredibly gifted driver and his pass on Schumacher was masterful. His attitude and sense of entitlement just sucks. His pissy attitude when he's stuck behind a slower driver sucks. The fact that he takes credit for any good, but places blame on everybody else when times aren't good sucks. His excuses suck. His whining sucks... Etc etc. And I really liked him his first year. He had a good attitude, he was enjoying himself, he was gracious in victory and defeat... but something has gone to his head. I think his celebrity status ruined him. I hope Jenson's consistant driving allows him to kick Louise's ass in the championship points race.

Spoiler

Old 05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Flite
He's an incredibly gifted driver and his pass on Schumacher was masterful. His attitude and sense of entitlement just sucks. His pissy attitude when he's stuck behind a slower driver sucks. The fact that he takes credit for any good, but places blame on everybody else when times aren't good sucks. His excuses suck. His whining sucks... Etc etc. And I really liked him his first year. He had a good attitude, he was enjoying himself, he was gracious in victory and defeat... but something has gone to his head. I think his celebrity status ruined him. I hope Jenson's consistant driving allows him to kick Louise's ass in the championship points race.
I completely agree with your assessment
Old 05-29-2011, 04:26 PM

I agree with everything you say as long as Vettel is ahead of both of them when the season ends...
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad for Jenson. He had the fastest strategy going by times but its Monaco, you just can't pass. Any other track, he would have passed Alonso and Vettel with his fresher tires with ease.

Oh, I'm sick of Vettel winning.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 PM

LOL at Hamilton!

The guy honestly is frustrated beyond belief knowing that he can take the fight to the Red Bull drivers but sees it slip away when, in his opinion, other drivers make ill-advised moves to defend their track position causing contact between cars. Didn't Alonso throw fits last season when he felt driver/cars that were not competitive were also racing him to corners? I think his "....because I'm Black" comment was a joke and him just blowing off some steam albeit ill-timed. It was good to hear a driver not give the typical, PC, scripted answers to the interviewer's questions.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:44 AM

i'm sick of Vettel too. he's a great driver in a good car, but i can't stand the same old thing over and over. Formula 1 this year is the most exciting i've seen it, but at the same time, the most boring and predictable.

i think that tire change at the end under the red flag is total crap! it took away everything that was exciting in the end. they should have just ended the race at that point. had they restarted with the same tires, then it would have been really great. i bet Jenson or Alonso would have had a real chance.

its unfortunate that i'm not as excited to go to Canada anymore. just more of the same old shit...different circuit.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:59 AM

I'm really happy for Vettel... but I agree with everyone else. he needs to not win. It really is getting boring and predictable, when the rest of this season is outstanding.

As for LH... what a freakin' baby. He was doing so much better at the end of last season/beginning of this season with the whining and complaining, then he has one bad race weekend and ruins it all for himself. I'm still a fan, but he really needs to keep his act together. This race should have been his for the taking, but things happen!

Button... man oh man do I feel bad for him. On the BBC cast Ted (the pit lane reporter) had spoken to McLaren and on lap 69-70 they had said if Alonso and Vettel stay on these tires in another 2-3 laps they would hit the cliff and fall right off, leaving Button for the win. I REALLY wanted to see a three car battle for first at MONACO of all places. What a terrible way to end an awesome race. I was on the edge of my chair from lap 60 on waiting to see what Button would be able to do. I feel so bad for him. He had an amazing drive. The tires on Alonso's and Vettel's car shouldn't have lasted as long as they did. I think Pirelli was put under fire by the teams that there was just TOO many pit-stops and they changed the compound. That was definitely not the same soft tire that we've been seeing. Let alone the super-soft.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:24 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I think Vettel is doing a great job. Granted Newey and RedBull were spot on as compared to the other teams in designing the car and so far no one has been able to really catch up, credit to Vettel for really making the car work and making it stick.

I hold out hope that the championship will be like the last two and that there will be another contender. Im pretty sure McLaren and Ferrari wont write off the season that easily so expect for them to surge back. In recent memory, I seem to recall the 2006 season when Renault led the points tally coming in to Indianapolis at which point Ferrari began to fight back. After that Alonso had to really make an effort to win and was favored by some bad luck hitting Schumi.

Lewis Hamilton & Fernando Alonso are fighters and wont let go off the championship that easily. Maybe even Mark Webber will find some of the fire we saw in him last season and give Vettel a fight. We have had 6 races so far and we have 13 more remaining. Don't give up hope yet. The best may be about to come

Quick Reply: 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO