Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

why is john brogden now a hero?

Old 09-01-2005, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is john brogden now a hero?

firstly, john brogden has been a regular customer at one of my stores for a number of years, he has come across as very down to earth.

however, he made a mistake and suffered the consequences. everybody was shooting him down and now everybody is a nutrider and talking him up like a damn war hero!!!

"oh john was so inspirational....oh john helped the community....oh john was the most pleasant man....blah blah blah"

he's a politician, or was. hence the need to put on a certain public persona.

what i can't understand is that even though he did all those things, he still would of had a lucrative career after politics, like board positions on publicly listed companies, the speaking tours, teaching positions at tertiary institutions, etc.

so why did he try to suicide himself? did he receive a phone call from a newspaper saying that there were more allegations of sexual harassment from more women? or even more sinister allegations?

just some random musings
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 AM

Maybe, he had no intention of inflicting serious harm on himself and was looking for a little sympathy?

If you're serious about death, then better to attack the throax and abdomen rather than the limbs.

So which one of the 3 brothers are we tonight?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 PM

You've got to question the ethical and personal values of an opposition leader that behaves like a racist buffoon, and then while his wife and child are waiting for him in their no doubt palatial North Shore home, tries to cut two journos from the herd.

Don't want the public to know you're a drunken grope artist, John? Don't behave like a drunken grope artist in front of a room full of journalists, son.

Then he pulls a publicity stunt with a butter knife, and like most gutless prigs that try it and fail, it's all about the attention and the sympathy, not the desire to end the pain, man.

"Hey, maybe if I cut myself up a bit and take a couple of pills, the public will stop thinking I'm a sexist, racist knob and they'll love me again. And my darling wife Lucy can't leave if I'm all like crippled with emotional pain."

I hope he's back at the local sooner rather than later. And I hope I see him there. I'll glass the wretched fool and finish what he started.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RS4will,Sep 1 2005, 11:37 PM
why is john brogden now a hero?
I'm not sure why you're suggesting anyone thinks he is.

He was a guy in a great position who obviously wasn't up to it. He made a rookie mistake and the knives came out. Then when the heat got too much he does the attention seeking suicide thing.

I am greatly disappointed that after the changes in the Labor party we've thrown away such a great opportunity for change, but I guess it's better to find out now what a paper tiger Brogden is than leading up to an election.

He may have been unsuccessful at commiting mortal suicide, but career wise he hit the mark. Imagine devoting your life to politics, knowing full well that when it is over a career in the private sector awaits you, then throwing both away.

Brogden better start practicing the line, "Would you like fries with that?".
Old 09-01-2005, 04:24 PM

he should have taken maddox's advice, "not across the street, not down the highway, but across the jugular"
Old 09-01-2005, 04:30 PM

When the allegations first came up he should of gone into old school politics mode and denied it all with a couple of witty remarks (Maybe something about Lowies).

After a brief media circus it would have all blown over and he would have wound up with the reputation of being a character.

Bob Hawk did it.
Sir Joh did it.
Russ Hinze did it.
Pauline did it.
and the list goes on.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:32 PM

Maybe, but I think it was an inside job. I think the hard right of the Libs thought he was too moderate and wanted him out. So they dug out all the skeletons and 'off the record' remarks and fed them to the media. Just proves you can never let your guard down.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:41 PM

Both major parties are guilty of hanging their own people out to dry lately.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:37 AM

so what's the latest on J-BRO.

and turkey, there's 4 brothers. RS4will is me....Will, blacks2k is my twin brother and the other 2 dont post here. simple ok and it's always been like that and no one has ever posted in anybody elses position.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:42 AM

I hear Gillette have offered him sponsorship.

Quick Reply: why is john brogden now a hero?