Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

why did you buy your S

Old 05-05-2003, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by honda9krpm

My profession: NOT IMPORTANT HERE; as everyone opinion is valued here
Not sure what thats supposed to mean....?
Old 05-05-2003, 10:03 PM

Maybe he's self conscious about it. Hey, I'm unemployed (at least in the productive sense). You can't get worse than that!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by naishou
[B]Hey, I'm unemployed (at least in the productive sense).
Old 05-05-2003, 11:04 PM

I hope you guys remember being unemployed means you're actively seeking work...

I'm not working, but then I'm not seeking work either. What am I? Homemaker? But I'm single with no kids! Can't really call myself retired either.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:10 AM

Sounds a bit like me. I'm not seeking "work" either. I used to have a job, but decided I'd rather waste my time than someone else's (and no I'm not and never have been on the dole for those who wonder).
Old 05-06-2003, 12:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I run a small company but I'm not employed by it per se. When people ask I say I'm "self-unemployed".

And no, I've never been on the dole or similar. I doubt they'd accept 'S2000' as a dependant anyway.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:41 AM

Originally posted by Austblue

Not sure what thats supposed to mean....?
It's just a joke Austblue. I am in a qualified profession and there is no way in the world that I will be unemployed ....that's a joke too i like to get personal and get to know you guys too but there are people who can use information on this forum for inappropriate purposes

Let's get back on the topic
The S can gun down most cars 2-3 times bigger with FI sometimes. If it's fail to do so in the straight, it prob will catch up after a few twisty roads. It's beautiful with the top up or down. The top only takes 6 second to hide .... if you line up all covertible with roof up. Then have a 1/4 mile race where by the end of the race the top must be down. The S can beat most cars except those in the $200+k.

It's below $100K. What more do you want beside better honda's warranty?

Peace
Old 05-06-2003, 05:28 AM

My profession: NOT IMPORTANT HERE; as everyone opinion is valued here
Just to clarify, the purpose of asking what profession was just to get a general idea of the different backgrounds of people who own an S2000. And yes, it seems a lot of us have IT jobs which could also just be a coincidence

As for people using this kind of information for inappropriate purposes, I can't disagree with that, but having worked with the Internet for a considerable amount of years I'd have to say that the chances of that happening are very slim indeed - it's not like anyone is posting their credit card details
Old 05-06-2003, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by DavidM
By the way has anyone here managed to beat an XR6 Turbo in a straight line?
The last few times at Phillip Island there have been one or two XR6's but I must confess I didn't take much notice of them. The XR8's can definitely beat us down the main straight but I suspect that we'd have faster lap times than the XR6.

I had a look for some past PI results to see if there's any XR6's listed but I couldn't find any recent ones, so we'll just have to keep an eye out for them on 31/5 & 01/06.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:29 PM

I had a look for some past PI results to see if there's any XR6's listed but I couldn't find any recent ones, so we'll just have to keep an eye out for them on 31/5 & 01/06.

If you're after lap times then Cameron McConville had both the XR6-T and S2000 at Winton (same day) and this is what he returned:
- S2000 = 1:44.09
- XR6-T = 1:46.28

Though, I have a feeling that Tlephan was talking just about in the straighline.

The XR8's can definitely beat us down the main straight

That surprises me. I have not 'met one' so I can't speak from experience but XR8 is about as quick as a Comodore SS (maybe a tiny fraction quicker) from what I read and you should 'edge out' those in an S2000.

Then again you're talking about Phillip Island main straight which means a sprint from 140 - 220kph and I would not be surpised to see cars like this to get the advantage at those speeds.

Quick Reply: why did you buy your S