Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

who here has blown there diff

Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=Vuey,Jul 8 2009, 11:22 AM] i have SSS on my ignore list !
Old 07-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From a pricing perspective, if it is a repair, it really all depends on what needs to be repaired/replaced in the housing. If you were given a reco'd centre and labour, I think $2500 is reasonable, not great but certainly reasonable but take it from me bud, the diff aint something you want to skimp out on.

And agree with Aus that if it is the C&P, go for the KIA or Mazda set. Much cheaper and from what i hear, is much better quality.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanswhites2k,Jul 2 2009, 11:11 PM
yeh that was mine i id $2500 i was just curious to see wat others had paid. they are to nice there and i would doubt they would rip me off as thats where i go for any repair.
[QUOTE]I am so confused. ryanswhites2k never even mentioned Hannys?!

While the t
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM

im not that mechanically minded and didnt really want to go towing the car around from place to place and have it off the road for a week or what ever it be to get it fixed. i trust hannys an was never ever accusing them of over pricing as ive had stuff fixed from them before for free eg i had a problem an it took them about half hour to fix it which if that had been anywhere else im sure they would have charged me and there reply was dont worry about it buddy no big deal see you next time. i mean who else would treat you like that.Anyway to set the record straight i was just curious to see wat people had paid to have there diff fixed and i didnt mean( i pulled the diff out myself and gave it to a mates mate an he did it for 200 bucks) i meant how much did your local mechanic charge you to do the whole job. sorry i probably should have been more specific, my fault
Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by revolution,Jul 7 2009, 06:48 PM
The point being made by SSS_01 is that it is simply an insult posting up asking what the price others think should be for a diff replacement after getting Hanny's to do the job.
I'm sorry but as far as my somewhat brief experience takes me, this is an open forum for discussion on ANY S2000 related issues and is also a valuble source for market information. What you are saying contradicts the existance of this forum.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by revolution,Jul 8 2009, 12:48 PM
The point being made by SSS_01 is that it is simply an insult posting up asking what the price others think should be for a diff replacement after getting Hanny's to do the job.
Wow, my comprehension must really be suffering because I didn't think he said that at all.

In fact I thought he said:
You doubting Hanny's is overcharging you? Seriously ...
Which to me reads:

"Of course Hanny's is overcharging you. They always overcharge."

The opposite would be:

"Are you insinuating that Hanny's is overcharging you? Seriously ..."

"Are you doubting that Hanny's prices are fair? Seriously ..."

Hence my request for clarification.

I myself have no first hand experience with Hanny's but have heard nothing but glowing reports about them. Hence my surprise.

I also can see how $2500 is not a bad price for a replacement diff considering supply and demand (how much the diff cost them), warranty (not yet answered) and labour. I would have expected my stuffed diff back however.

And I really don't see a problem with asking a forum for their opinions on a price after the work has been done. I can see how it could lead to judging of a particular service supplier but then good service suppliers have nothing to be afraid of. Plus, Ryan didn't actually mention Hanny's. Someone else did.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=joefish1298,Jul 7 2009, 04:42 PM] I am so confused. ryanswhites2k never even mentioned Hannys?!

While the t
Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 PM

sorry aus about the warranty all pete said was if you got a problem just bring it back and as for the old diff i probably could have got it back but it was more than likely just going to sit in my garage an collect dust as i have no use for it.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Ok, well for future reference (and I hope for your sake you won't need this advice) I would have a use for it.

I've not pulled a diff apart and would relish the opportunity rebuild one with Kia gears and uprated end caps (Puddymod style).
Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilkriss,Jul 7 2009, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry but as far as my somewhat brief experience takes me
Yes.

What you are saying contradicts the existance of this forum.
No. You just don't want to admit to the fact that in one form or another the OP is indeed (not directly but still put out there the vibe) questioning if Hanny's price is somewhat over priced.

To keep everyone happy, Ryan, I think you got a good price from Rob as I have just called a spare parts place and they quoted me $2700 for a reconditioned diff. Yes, now that is a rip.

Hanny's lives up to their word and if something does go wrong with the diff (provided you have not done 9K clutch dumps and change the oil regularly) then they are more than happy to resolve any issues it has

Quick Reply: who here has blown there diff