Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Where can I get my wheels machined in Sydney

Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get my wheels machined in Sydney

I'm just wondering if someone can help me. I'm buying a new set of wheels in the next month or so an the set of wheels I want come in 2 options but either option needs to be changed one way or another. The first option is to change the pcd from 5/120 to 5/114.4 an it has a 45 offset the (second option) machine the wheel from 40 offset to 45 offset an that comes with the correct pcd. So what I'm after is your advice on what's the better option,where to get it done at an a price if anyone knows. I've only found one place called neale wheels but they won't do it an wouldn't give me a price cause they reckon the offset of 45 is illegal an won't work even though I told them I have this set up already an have no issues
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn, you plan to machine off 5mm of metal from the inside face of a wheel? Not sure I'd be happy with that.

Without knowing the wheels I have to suggest you look for them or similar in the correct PCD and offset rather than muck about with machining.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try circle track wheels in Seven Hills.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 PM

u could avoid machining to change offset by dialing in some neg camber and IF u really have to, stretch the tyres a bit for that liitle bit better clearance.

and as far as im concerned, redrilling to get different PCD's is a scary thought! some of the holes overlap when it gets redrilled?

but hey thats just me! =)
Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by lzybum,Jun 9 2010, 10:56 AM
u could avoid machining to change offset by dialing in some neg camber and IF u really have to, stretch the tyres a bit for that liitle bit better clearance.

and as far as im concerned, redrilling to get different PCD's is a scary thought! some of the holes overlap when it gets redrilled?

but hey thats just me! =)
nah, redrilling holes by a professional is okay. but just looks ugly. my work rims comes with 5x100+5x114.3 holes drilled and it looks like a mess, but its like that from factory! but i have a centre cover over it, so you can't see how yucky it is.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 PM

Legality is the least of my concern, fatality or injury is my prime worry.

Agree with most, I really wouldn't be spending money for wheels like that no matter how good they might be and then start compromising the only thing keeping you on the road.

That said, changing the PCD is easier than playing with offset. You will start to lose structural strength and integrity once you start shaving off the offset and there is no guarantee that it will be perfectly centre aligned.

It's one thing playing with wide spacers, another when you start chopping bits off the wheel regardless of how well it's done.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Thanks guys for your help but I've just realised I won't be able to change the pcd as the wheels have no cover plate over the nuts an it will look crap. As for the offset I may just stick with 40 offset although I didn't think it was as bad as what you guys are making it out to be. What about if I only take off 3 mm or is it still just as bad as 5 mm
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5mm's isn't even worth all that trouble lol insted of running 255's run 245's
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is possible to redrill the pcd over the existing holes and use slightly larger metal seat inserts. Apart from the lack of paint where the machining is done you can hardly notice its been done.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ryanswhites2k,Jun 9 2010, 03:35 PM
I've just realised I won't be able to change the pcd as the wheels have no cover plate over the nuts an it will look crap.
If it's for looks, the entire thread should be thrown outta the window. Who cares how it looks when it's meant to be a butchered job to begin with?

Quick Reply: Where can I get my wheels machined in Sydney