Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Went to the illegals last night...

Old 11-25-2001, 01:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by dhess
Risk is relative, and yes I would feel bad if I killed some innocent bystander, however people racing on an empty, level, straight road in the middle of fields is far less risky than people weaving through traffic or tailgating etc.
Exactly why I never criticised this thread and stated there was a difference between your post and TK's. Once again, there is a vast difference between illegal and unsafe.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why have a fast car if your never going to drive fast? Yeah, sure you are going to tell me that you are responsible and only go fast on the race track, but how often do you get out on the track?
I agree with you Dhess.

TAKASHI and AUS sort it out, respect each others opinion.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by goul
I agree with you Dhess.

TAKASHI and AUS sort it out, respect each others opinion.
I agree with dhess too. Have a look through the thread and see if I ever criticised dhess' illegal drag meet. I didn't. I don't know the facts for sure, but if these things are well enough organised they can be 'illegal' but still be 'safe' at least to innocent bystanders.

This is not the 'fasts' versus the 'slows', it's the 'fast with respect for others safety' versus the 'fast but couldn't care less about others'. That's an opinion I can never respect. Can you?

Fact is, no one here has a lack of regard for others safety. And if the worst happens (and it does occasionally) we would all wish it could be different.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:34 PM

Now he's contradicting himself ... I got nothing to sort out with him. Getting all personal and flaring up because of some post doesn't mean shit. What your comparisons and judgement of fast and safe or whatever crap you said next is pretty much an individual thing at the end of the day. There will never be uniform talk or laws on such issues and so be it. I don't even need to go there ... Once again, it's the talk of one's mind. And I tell you, when I'm driving double your speed with double the responsiveness and given thought about all that safety, non-killer behavior attitude compared to 99% of the road users anywhere at any given time in Australia while you don't like that or do not agree? Then, get the f**k outta my way.

Old 11-25-2001, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
Now he's contradicting himself ...
How?

And I tell you, when I'm driving double your speed with double the responsiveness and given thought about all that safety, non-killer behavior attitude compared to 99% of the road users anywhere at any given time in Australia while you don't like that or do not agree? Then, get the f**k outta my way.
Spoken like a true statistic.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:58 PM

This is not the 'fasts' versus the 'slows', it's the 'fast with respect for others safety' versus the 'fast but couldn't care less about others'. That's an opinion I can never respect. Can you?

Point taken
Old 11-28-2001, 02:32 AM

Interesting post Dhess....I didn't realise, we had that sort of activity going on (then again, I don't live in Sydney either)!?

All I can say to TK is - 'get your hand off it'....!!
Old 11-28-2001, 03:49 AM

Thanks!

I'm glad that I sparked up some interedsting debate, but hope that it did not result in too much conflict.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:24 PM

Bunch of little girls, grow up. People race, people die. Life goes on.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:36 PM

Where the heck did you drag this up from? You must be bored.

Originally posted by iLikeBeer
Bunch of little girls, grow up.
You call me that again and I'll hit you with my handbag!

People race, people die. Life goes on.
You don't see the contradiction in that?

Quick Reply: Went to the illegals last night...