Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Went to the illegals last night...

Old 11-22-2001, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the illegals last night...

I went to the illegal drags last night.

It was my first time and was truly an eye opening experience.

Every Thursday night a whole heap of hot cars meat at the Sunnybank McDonalds. There aresomevery nice highly modified cars. A whole group of went over the gateway to a nice drag strip near the airport.

On the way I raced:

beat two friends in their type r integras
stayed even with a friend in his s2000
beat a ancient yellow daihatsu charade don't laugh it was turboed and had some serious engine mods, it was probably as quick as a type r. It was the ultimate sleeper.

Got my but kicked by a 250kw s15 200sx

Out at the strip there were well over a hundred cars.
Only three or four races happened before the cops came though.
It was hilarious though, it was exactly like in the fast and the furious everyone ran for their cars and raced off.

I have to say now I know why people participate in this kind of stuff. There is an adrenalin rush and there are lots of friendly people you can talk cars with.
Old 11-23-2001, 03:28 AM

yep, a lot of fun until u get ur car impounded and have to pay the fees and stuff, then u have the court date where hthey suspend or cancel ur license. yep, a lot of fun.
one of the girls that works for me has a boyfriend that had his car impounded because of this exact same thing, a stupid thing to do. either go to a proper strip- eastern creek, calder etc and keep it off the road. i dont care how deserted it is, one little mishap, stones onthe road, loose gravel, oil, etc can play havoc with a highly modified car that is trying its very best to rip the tarmac off the ground.
a little sideways action and boom, into a pole or worse yet into a person.
sorry to be a downer on ur experience at the drags, but i like to keep things in perspective
Old 11-23-2001, 01:50 PM

DHess, shouldn't talk about illegal activities or shit like that around here ... Doesn't get you anywhere in anybody's books especially. Wanna become like me? Public enemy of the board? Hah! Hell do I give a damn. From my personal point of view ... I know it's great fun and I won't stop you, in fact when I get up there ... You could even show me around. But don't forget, we need to be good citizens on the board and not break the law with some illegal car activities offline and talk about it here.

Old 11-23-2001, 02:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there something wrong with your head TK? No one here has criticised driving fast, nor breaking laws. But bloody minded stupidity in public places which resulted in injury is totally different.

Maybe if you hadn't so gutlessly deleted the thread more people could see the difference. And when they saw this thread they would also see that the level of your stupidity is only surpassed by your audacity.
Old 11-23-2001, 03:06 PM

Same shit, same theory applies. Oh imagine the story went ... Went to the drags, drove really fast, fishtailed, lost control and nearly hit some innocent bystander that was there to watch. Then what? Oh c'mon, cut the crap out and don't make this look like it's approvable as it is while most certainly to you it seems as a criticism on how stupid I am you might think doesn't mean shit.

So what? Well, maybe and only maybe ... I'm not as capable as you would to interpret driving or how to handle such situations but most certainly I don't even want to start about comparing shit. So, do yourself and favor and everyone else who does not like to see what I input and put me on ignore because I most certainly do not give a f**k what you say to me.

I deleted the other thread because this side of the board obviously does no shit like that, and I'm obviously causing so much grieve. Oh damn so personal type of grieve, what good is it leaving it around? You wanna prove anything, sorry it doesn't impress me. And yes, that's just how the way it is and no matter how personal it gets to anyone of you ... All I can say is, sorry ... I really don't give a f**k and I will not consider what to say and not to say in any aspect as long as I damn well please to.

Please AusS2000, no matter how much you don't like me ever since I posted a joke on you that you wanted me to remove it so badly and took it so damn seriously that you never forget in your lifetime. Like some kid who always remember how they got picked on by the bigger boys in the playground, I hope you get over it. While most certainly, don't reply to what you think is not appropriate in concern and cause yourself more grieve. My reply was not related to any other previous threads and I stand to reflect that I may be no law abiding citizen or have no friends like you would say ... What is the point of that anyway? But most certainly, I'm here to stay whether you like it or not. So get used to it because that's just how life is, you don't always get things done your way.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:40 PM

LOL, if it's ok with your I'll just take your first piece of advice and put you on my ignore list.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:10 AM

God that was an effective shit stirer.

I must say I love your work Takashi.

I completely agree that illegal street racing is dangerous, but to tell you the truth I haven't felt that alive in a long time.

I started this thread to share my first experience at street drags not to be mummied.

To anyone criticising me I must say the give a f**kometer is not registering.
Old 11-25-2001, 11:51 AM

If you want to feel more alive than ever you are on the right track. When you are standing up in court on manslaughter charges with the mother of the pedestrian/best friend/passenger/whatever staring at you in the dock you'll feel more alive than ever. And you'll wish you were dead. So will the family of the victim.

Now, one more time dhess, refresh our memory, what happened to your first S?
Old 11-25-2001, 01:01 PM

My aren't you a little nasty man!

To refresh everyones memory, my first s was written off because a careless individuall in a rangerover did a u-turn in front of me with out inidicating or looking. Yes I was going to fast.

Come to think of it I probably would not have been driving that fast if I had started going to drag meets earlier as I would have had a release for my need for speed.

Risk is relative, and yes I would feel bad if I killed some innocent bystander, however people racing on an empty, level, straight road in the middle of fields is far less risky than people weaving through traffic or tailgating etc. Besides, everyone at a street racing meet is their of their own free will and knows what they are getting into.

Why have a fast car if your never going to drive fast? Yeah, sure you are going to tell me that you are responsible and only go fast on the race track, but how often do you get out on the track?

If you are a poser and you just wanted to look cool you should have got some hairdresser car like an alfa spider. Ok, maybe a bad example, no could look cool in something as ugly.

If you wan't to drive like a soft cock that's fine, but don't criticise like minded people who are into cars and wan't to meet in semi-controlled conditions at their own risk.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:02 PM

AusS2000, always so personal and always so critical ... Man, good to be put on ignore because I won't be seeing anymore personal crap talk. I can't even remember what I wrote till I say it again, just tells how personal this board gets when it seems to be like an individual's bloodline. Oh get over it, I'm sure we have better things to do overboard.

DHess, you have my full support all the way. Go do whatever you like and live your life to the max in every possible way. Great post! I agree with you much more than you think. Man, if only we have more people around that are like you then the board won't look so personal and critical all the damn time. I just don't understand why some people get so emotional sometimes over things that are so damn unimportant.

Quick Reply: Went to the illegals last night...