Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Wakefield Park Track day PICS! Warning! 56k users beware!

Old 05-03-2002, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wakefield Park Track day PICS! Warning! 56k users beware!

straight to the point.. lol

=)
Old 05-03-2002, 08:01 PM

and more...

Old 05-03-2002, 09:18 PM

nice pics Mugen_R, what best time you did yesterday?

and that titanium exhaust on S15 is nice....
Old 05-04-2002, 12:59 AM

Nice pics .... though, can you post some lap times for these cars? It'd be interesting tto know what these guys were doing at Wakefield. What about you ... what times did you manage in the Type-R (which one is yours ... also, what tyres have you got on it)?
Old 05-04-2002, 05:05 PM

DavidM: none of them are mine! But i got to pilot the red ITR with the GT wing and the black ITR with the roll cage.

Red ITR has;

Tein HA
Intake
Bolt on Apexi Muffler
Cwest GT wing
Advan A032's in 195/55/15.

Everyting else stock. (Not even a wheel allignment! Stock brake pads to!)

I was timed doing 1:12.5ish in this car.

Black ITR has; (ex young guns car)

very heavy roll cage,
Mugen 4-1 headers,
2.5 piping,
Toda cam sprockets,
Apexi power FC,
ART front pads, Mugen Gold rear
DBA front slotted rotors,
Braided lines,
Motul 600,
Standard shocks with Apexi GT springs,
RE540s 215/50/15

Was clocked doing a low 1:12

You'd think that the black car would be quicker around the track but the car suffered alot of braking issues. From day one, there was always something wrong, even with all those mods, the pedal was always mushing after a few hard brakes. Each car is totally different. Also the fact that he doesn't have proper suspension, makes it abit unstable during hi-speed cornering and entry. The car is defenitly quicker on the straights compared to a stock ITR, but when driving it, it feels real heavy!!!

The red one was very light compared to the black ITR. The owner took out his rear seats and it was nice to drive. The power band how ever compared to the black one wasn't as good, ART have done a really good job with the tunning. I'm also suprised that the stock brake pads on the red ITR held up pretty good. I was constantly giving it for at least 5-6laps non stop and only then i started to get fade. But I can that the red car stopped alot better than the black car. Any brake experts anyone recommend ?

I didn't get to time any other cars but that Maroon WRX & White STi. It's a full JDM Ver 5 or 6 STi. He had the works and was running on full Falken RS slicks. He was doing 1:10.9. The maroon WRX with suspension and a few handling mods on Falken Azenis did mid 1:13's.

Old 05-04-2002, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Mugen_R
It's a full JDM Ver 5 or 6 STi. He had the works and was running on full Falken RS slicks. He was doing 1:10.9.
Nice times in those ITRs Mugen_R. Any idea what you can do in a stock ITR? It would be nice to see what you could do in the above WRX. I think he's way off the pace because I've seen one with coilovers, DBA rotors with Pagid pads, brake ducts, Dunlop D01J and exhaust only do 1:09s. That car would not have much more power than stock and I don't think his brake mods reduce his quickest lap time, just make it more consistent. So in essence an Aussie spec WRX with coilovers and R compounds can go sub 1:10.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mugen_R
[B]DavidM: none of them are mine! But i got to pilot the red ITR with the GT wing and the black ITR with the roll cage.

Red ITR has;

Tein HA
Intake
Bolt on Apexi Muffler
Cwest GT wing
Advan A032's in 195/55/15.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by naishou
[B]Nice times in those ITRs Mugen_R.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by Mugen_R
Some magazine recently did a test at wakefield with a stock ITR and I believe it was in the 1:18's. But the last Honda track day, Richard in his stock ITR did a 1:15 or so... so i guess the driver determines the cars times!
That 1:18 was with Peter McKay when the track was in its old form. The track is 2 to 3 seconds quicker now for most cars. I'd imagine 15s should be possible given that my WRX did 1:14.48. Maybe even dropping into the 14s is achieveable since I don't think it should be much slower than a pig understeering stock WRX. Also my S2000 did a 1:14.04 with dodgy alignment and I've seen that the ITR is not much slower than an S2000.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:03 PM

1:14.48, is that on street tyres??? if so, that's bloody quick!
Or is that on the RE540's?

The S2000 according to Best Motoring videos is always 1-2 quicker than a ITR around most tracks. Wakefield being a short track, I'd say 1:15ish or high 1:14 would be possible for a dead stock ITR.

Another thing i probably forgot to mention was that the Red ITR had no wheel allignment etc... during corners, tyres didn't have good contact compared to the black car. The black car the night before had a front camber kit installed. Dialed in about 2 degrees neg camber at the front, 25mm front caster and 0 toe in. So allignment to wheels do actually make a huge difference on the track and it cost shit all to get done apart from buying a camber kit.

Was looking at the wakefield website. They got a GTP ITR doing 1:10ish around wakefield, just wondering if that's the old or new track.

Quick Reply: Wakefield Park Track day PICS! Warning! 56k users beware!