Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Visting from the US

Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GamecockS2K' date='Mar 15 2007, 09:19 PM
Hey cashout! Been a long time since I've seen your name around. I think we met at an autocross a few years ago up in Charlotte, no?
Yep. That will be me!

No S2K for me here though... wanted an elise so i got the closest thing (weight wise at least) -> Smart Roadster. Same weight as an elise but only 1/3 of the power :-)
Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by GamecockS2K' date='Mar 15 2007, 03:12 AM
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!

Where could I find out about the cracker comedy stuff? I have been a bit bored in the evenings. I wouldn't mind checking those out.
http://www.crackercomedy.com/2007/home.htm
Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 AM

Yeah, I remember you posting about the purchase. Cool looking little car.

I can imagine an S2000 is a little harder to afford around here. Everything seems a bit more expensive. Sure is nice though...
Old 03-15-2007, 04:03 AM

While I enjoy the blue mountains it wouldn't be my type of tourist attraction. Don't pass up the ferry ride across to the zoo or to manly. Actually my partner took her cousin from poland on one a couple of weeks ago and it was a tour in itself. Sydney harbour is actually literally the best harbour in the world due to its topography and width. Also if you were to walk from the north head all the way around to the south head it'd be equal to walking to brisbane from sydney, apparently. (I did the bridge climb a few weeks ago )

Darling harbour is great and you can walk from there up to china town or back down to the botanical gardens lady macquarie's chair then check out wollomooloo and the navy yards.

If you like Italian food head up to Norton St leichardt (taxi from city) and head down to the forum.

Spend a night out in Newtown and see the interesting change in culture there.

Hunter is nice as mentioned but it'd be nice to go up there with someone are you alone? I'd be bored as hell up there by myself but I love going with a group of mates or just with the girlfriend.

Have you been to bondi, narabeen or any other beaches? How about the central coast like terrigal or avoca?

Give us some hints as to what you're into!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:10 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't forget Saturday is St Pats Day so the Rocks will be going off.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty much here alone. There's another guy here who's trying to host me somewhat, but he's from the states also, and he's an older guy with his wife. He's done a good job giving me a decent tour the first weekend. I'm just ready to get out on my own a little. I'd like to be able to chat with locals or whatever without being tied to him all the time.

What I've done so far...

I took a ferry out to Manly last Saturday, but didn't get to stay around very long because we were scheduled for the bridge climb. So we went, had some lunch at a little outside cafe and walked over to the beach just to see it. I've also taken the ferry over to Darling Harbour. From there I rode the monorail to see a bit of the city from over head.

I'm staying in North Ryde, so I've checked out the malls at Macquarie and Chatswood. One thing that kills me is it seems that a lot of things shut down at 5:00 or 5:30. Just a different culture, I guess. That's why I was interested in the comedy stuff. Might be something to entertain me in the evenings.

Anyway, that's about all I've checked out at this point. I'm not a huge beach person; more into the mountains. That's why I was leaning towards the Blue Mountains on Saturday. Then, onSunday, I was going to hit the beach and stay around Sydney because of the bridge celebration. I'm actually registered to walk across the bridge at 7:00 that evening for the smoke ceremony or whatever.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 AM

do the royal national park drive

especially since you like mountains

i try to do that drive at least once a week, since i live around 10mins drive from the entrance to the national park
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 AM

chicken wants to invite u over to his place for a nite, in return u'll get a ride thru teh national park. btw my gf is up in Ryde, u can drive thru to chatswood, its a nice drive thru a lil national park dunno wats it called
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by GEXer' date='Mar 15 2007, 07:35 AM
chicken wants to invite u over to his place for a nite, in return u'll get a ride thru teh national park
Maybe the rental isn't so bad afterall.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:39 AM

lol. was just talking to gexer. since me and him haven't done the national park drive together since the last S2KI drive day

was thinking if it'll be worthwhile doing a drive this weekend in the morning

and he's going down to wollongong on saturday anyways

Quick Reply: Visting from the US