Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

VAFC Issues

Old 01-19-2004, 06:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Correct.

But I still think you should zero the VAFC and see if the problem persists. You can make note of all the settings and reenter them later.

The offer is still there to let me have another look at it.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuckie, I don't know why you would take it back to BD4, who just made a lame/ignorant excuse on this tool?

I think you should let someone more knowledgeble on this tool than bd4 to have a look.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:09 PM

WHO???

Croydon Autosports??
Old 01-20-2004, 10:12 PM

I paid them for a job done properly so I am gonna give them a chance to fix it.

If they try & charge me then all hell will break loose!!!

& Auss2000 Iwill take you up on that offer, just got back from o/s. As soon as i get a spare moment...
Old 02-12-2004, 04:47 PM

Had car retuned at C & V & still doing it.

New settings are

Wide Throtle
Lvt
1 +4
2 +2
3 -3
4 -9
55 -9
60 -8
65 -8

Hvt
4 -11
45 -11
50 -9
55 -7
60 -8
70 -10
80 -12
90 -13

Narrow throttle

Lvt
1 +3
2 +3
3 0
4 -2
5 -5
55 -7
6 -7
65 -7

Hvt

4 -7
4.5 -6
5 -4
60 -5
7 -7
80 -8
90 -10

V tec
L-H 5800 RPM
H-L 5600 RPM

Can anyone help me! Could it be leaning out too much at V-Tec?? Could the V-Tec point be too high or low?

I understand what you are saying AUSS2000 about just zeroing the VAFC but it was definately not doing this before the VAFC...and thats a fact!!!

Its getting pretty frustrating now so I hope its not a faulty VAFC!
Old 02-12-2004, 05:23 PM

Seeing as though you have all the settings 'written down', I would definitely try zeroing out all the settings on the V-AFC and seeing what happens.

Obviously the V-AFC will still be plugged in and doing its thing, but just not overriding any of the standard settings. Doing this should tell you whether or not the the problem is with the V-AFC.

Good luck with it all Chuckie!
Old 02-12-2004, 06:19 PM

Thanks Alisiter, but as I have said in other posts that the problem has only started since I have installed the VAFC!

I have been running the car for well over a year & 1/2 with the AEM CAI /HKS exh and there has never been a prob.

I haven't zero'd the VAFC because I have been trying to sort out thye probs with the settings. Zeroing the settings will only prove that it is the VAFC, which I already know it is.

Another prob is that it doesnt happen all the time and when it does I turn the engine off and it resets itself. Its definately something to do with the engine management then!

Whats the point of buying the VAFC if I have to run it with nil settings??
Old 02-12-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by CHUCKIE
Thanks Alisiter, but as I have said in other posts that the problem has only started since I have installed the VAFC!

I have been running the car for well over a year & 1/2 with the AEM CAI /HKS exh and there has never been a prob.

I haven't zero'd the VAFC because I have been trying to sort out thye probs with the settings. Zeroing the settings will only prove that it is the VAFC, which I already know it is.

Another prob is that it doesnt happen all the time and when it does I turn the engine off and it resets itself. Its definately something to do with the engine management then!

Suggest you call Raymund Ong on 0421 345 782 - he is a wizz with this sort of stuff.

He may be able to help - tell him Markus said to call.

Good luck -

Old 02-12-2004, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by CHUCKIE

you are prob so mad (which I would be too if this happen to me ) that you are not following what the guys are recommending

By zeroing the setting you will see whether it's the VAFC/wiring that is faulty or the settings that is causing the problem. I've never encounter a setting problem except setting my VAFC for a 6 cylinders. This happened after I installed my vortech. I setted it for 4 but somehow it resetted itself. I drove the car for a week with the low cam and boost

Chuckie
1. Check your initialise settings
2. Put everything to zero and VTEC on at 5900
3. Then bring it to Aus to recheck if you still have problem.

Geeez I can't believe you are still having this problem.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Like h9k says, no one is suggesting you leave the VAFC settings at 0. You set them to 0 to see if you can narrow down the source of the problem. Once you narrow it down, you fix it, then you put the settings back how they were.

Quick Reply: VAFC Issues