Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

These spherical shift knobs are great!

Old 11-21-2001, 02:10 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my new spherical shift knob on today. Now I know why people like these things so much. It fills the palm of my hand much better and is much more comfortable and easier to shift with.

I had the knob countersunk from the bottom of the collar to the base of the sphere and used a very deep thread so I can adjust how low it sits on the stick. i.e. I can take the locknut off if I want it to sit as low as possible or leave it on if I want to adjust the height up a bit. Either way it makes for a shorter shift.

Anyway .. here's some pics...

Material: 6 Series Aluminium
Weight: 178 grams (6.27 Ounces)
Diameter: 50 mm

To get an idea the Titanium knob weighs 242 grams, the stock Al knob weighs 150 grams so my gear changes now have a little more heft to them but still plenty of feel. All in all I think I've struck a nice balance and am very pleased with the outcome.

--Muz
Old 11-21-2001, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muz:

Nice. It looks like you opted for the simple approach, wisely IMHO.

So you marketing these then cobber? ....Price???
Old 11-21-2001, 02:19 AM

I am a little tempted to change mine, whilst it is a lovely weight I find that occasionaly my thumb nail catches on the dash (lazy hand on top of stick shifting at fault) so I think lowering the height of the stick may be a good move.

At the moment though its so cold I have to wear my driving gloves to stop my hands freezing so its a moot point. I'll be looking at the 4IG stick though as this too is supposed to be lower and offer shorter shifts etc.

Are these going to be joining your product line then Muz? It looks great!
Old 11-21-2001, 02:23 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Muz:

Nice. It looks like you opted for the simple approach, wisely IMHO.

So you marketing these then cobber? ....Price???
Yes mate .. if people want them I'll make them. I will have prices for a variety of finishes tomorrow. I meant to do it today but got caught up with work.

Given the value of our dollar the price should be quite competitive.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:27 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]I am a little tempted to change mine, whilst it is a lovely weight I find that occasionaly my thumb nail catches on the dash (lazy hand on top of stick shifting at fault) so I think lowering the height of the stick may be a good move.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:37 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

I can always count on you UK guys for conversation when the rest of the board is sleeping
Old 11-21-2001, 03:08 PM

I want a Titanium one definitely with gear lettering burnt into it in red color like the genuine Honda one for the new Integra Type R. When you figured you can do, shoot me a price Muz.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:43 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
I want a Titanium one definitely with gear lettering burnt into it in red color like the genuine Honda one for the new Integra Type R. When you figured you can do, shoot me a price Muz.
TK...I can do the plain Titanium ones now but I am still looking for the best company to do the etching. Plain knobs will be the first to be available from my site.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:57 PM

I've thought about it ... I'll prefer to have a plain titanium one because I want it to sink even deeper than my Voodoo titanium. Price, Muz? And is the Titanium the heaviest one available?
Old 11-28-2001, 12:09 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
I've thought about it ... I'll prefer to have a plain titanium one because I want it to sink even deeper than my Voodoo titanium. Price, Muz? And is the Titanium the heaviest one available?

Prices coming in a few days Takashi. Still looking into different finishes, shipping costs etc.

Quick Reply: These spherical shift knobs are great!