Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Terve from helsinki

Old 06-26-2006, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terve from helsinki

G'day guys,

Just dropping a quick line in from helsinki. I gotta run cos the shops closing but I'll check back in later.

So far weve been in helsinki a few days and went to a midsommer festival in Rauma which was great. The people over here are fantastic and speak better english than me (not hard) and they love having a beer with us aussies so were getting along really well.

Catch you all later

Austblue
Old 06-26-2006, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jun 26 2006, 04:59 AM
G'day guys,

Just dropping a quick line in from helsinki. I gotta run cos the shops closing but I'll check back in later.

So far weve been in helsinki a few days and went to a midsommer festival in Rauma which was great. The people over here are fantastic and speak better english than me (not hard) and they love having a beer with us aussies so were getting along really well.

Catch you all later

Austblue
Do we work for the same company? Starts with an N and ends with an a?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 AM

No sorry Steve. I'm guessing by that that someone you work with is doing the same?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:20 AM

Hey everyone, just back at our hostel and having a quiet night tonight. We just booked a jetcat over to estonia and a hostel for the night there apparently its fun and everything is cheap and it only takes 2hr to go there.

Were not getting a car like we thought so were going to go to estonia then come back to hel. on thursday and then get the train up to tampere which is kind of eastern finland. After that we head up north to olu where curts friend lives and he's taking us up to lapland which is above the arctic circle and the indigenous type folk live up there. After that we'll prob just head back to helsinki because there is a really good ferry to stockholm which is like fairstar. We'll stay in stockholm for about 5 days or so then maybe another swedish city and then over to norway and we'll see oslo and then somewhere else because the guy travelling with me has a friend that is going to give us a place to stay on the lake. After that I think it'll be down to denmark heading back through sweden.

The change really just means less time going into detail around scando and more time to get down into germany and maybe even through czech and into austria if possible.

We've been staying in the same hostel dorm when in helsinki and its only 17
Old 06-27-2006, 02:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jun 28 2006, 12:20 AM
p.s I really don't like soccer after seeing that I can handle getting beat but we deserved better than that.
I feel the same way. It's left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially as I watched a re-run of the Croatia game beforehand and got to see the handballs and three yellow cards.

Sounds like you're having a ball over there.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Pics?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jun 28 2006, 12:20 AM
After that we'll prob just head back to helsinki because there is a really good ferry to stockholm which is like fairstar.
Never done it myself but I've heard very good things about that ferry trip Austblue..
Old 06-30-2006, 03:21 AM

Changing plans again now because we didn't realise that the wife carrying comp is starting today so we've missed it

Instead we're going to get the ferry to stockholm now and then return in a week or so and then go north and come back down through norway and into bergen then oslo and over into denmark.

Estonia was great and again the women were beautiful.We've taken a lot of pics but I haven
Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 AM

Sitting in a hostel in stockholm a little worse from wear

The boat trip was great, we bought our tickets for 38
Old 07-01-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jul 2 2006, 12:08 AM
took our own alcohol with us and drank that in our cabin before heading up for dinner and a dance. ..................despite their initial concerns about the talent they were happy with the end result.
Hmmnnnn; How much alcohol did they consume?

Quick Reply: Terve from helsinki