Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Standards of Behaviour

Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Standards of Behaviour

There has been a real down turn in the general behaviour of the Aus members recently.

Lots of smack talk, personal abuse and threats or implied violence. One member is currently taking time out as a result.

A recent example involved me, a street directory, and a misunderstanding. Whereas I admit the misunderstanding was at least partially my fault the response was unwarranted and unacceptable. And once things were explained apologies were made and all is well.

But the fact is, if someone upsets you (on purpose, by accident, or due to a miscommunication) that is no call for abuse or threats of violence. They are stupid for two reasons:

Firsty, this is the internet. Threatening someone in another state is dumb. You'd have to go to a whole lot of expense and trouble to carry it through and by the time you got there would probably have forgotten what the slight was anyway.

And secondly because you have no idea who or what that person is. Could be a kid in a wheelchair. Could be a past master Kyokushinkai regional champion. In which case you'd probably end up the kid in the wheelchair.

So, it is time to make an example. The next person to issue a threat of violence, implied or specific, or issue any personal abuse will be banned. No questions, no right of appeal. BANNED.

If you have a problem with this tell me what you think of me.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your a bastard for getting such a good time on wakefield. I just saw HOF.

give me some tips!

on a serious note, there are so many heroes out there on forums but comign from ex nissan silvia forum this site is definately the most behaved I've seen. Still no where near perfect but very good compared to others.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Mar 6 2007, 06:46 AM

Firsty,
I don't know whether you are trying to single out the dwarf fister or whether you have just run out of beer.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 PM

Time for a new moderator? someone vote me?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Well, yeah...

I've never been baited on this forum before, till this morning. Oh well, guess that's what happens when the demographic changes.

I miss being one of the 2 youngest Australian members on here. You old farts kept everything informative and nice.

p.s. Vuey's still a cool addition though. He rocks.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Beaver,Mar 6 2007, 07:23 AM
I don't know whether you are trying to single out the dwarf fister or whether you have just run out of beer.
Let's see if this works:

"Fisty, this is the internet. Threatening someone in another state is dumb."

Uh-huh, yep, makes sense to me. So Beaves, I think Aus has had all the drink he needs, he's not firsty at all.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by robert112,Mar 6 2007, 07:21 AM
give me some tips!
First tip is calm down. Second is get a turbo.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:22 PM

Did I leave out "Correcting the Mods spelling"? That's a banning!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Banned

i fully agree. i come on here to chat with other forum members and have a laugh, i have never once aimed a negative comment at anyone unless one was aimed at me first.

some of u guys need to question why exactly you are on here, and if its just to be a smartarse and put people down then download yourself a copy of mIRC and do all the abusing you want on there.

constructive criticisms will never rile anyone up.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JAPCAB,Mar 6 2007, 08:34 AM
i have never once aimed a negative comment at anyone unless one was aimed at me first.
Hmmm, that is exactly the problem.

When people perceive that they have been slighted and strike back. Sorry, not an excuse.

Takes a real man to take it on the chin.

Quick Reply: Standards of Behaviour