Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Sign of things to come?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
fng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit over 2 years and never been pulled over.

This includes the portion where I was on green P's.

*knock on wood*

edit 2 years 100 or so days
Old 01-11-2009, 12:42 PM

This seems like the most appropriate thread for this news article

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...48-2862,00.html
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got pulled over today for a random breath test lol.

I was in the type r, and drove past within the speed limit of an officer on a bike behind bushes on a downhill bend.

The is a speed camera up ahead anyway, so I continue on and about a mintue later he is on my ass with siren going, and I pull over.

He says random rbt etc, seeing as I dont drink this is never a problem, then he asks me for an engineers certificate for the recaro seats which are standard anyway! He said I dont belive they are, why is the rest of the interior black, with red seats?

Then he says rev the engine, I rev it to 2.5k rpm and he yells I said rev it! So I gave it a little more hoping it wouldnt get me a yellow ticket lol, then he says pop the bonnet, starts asking me if its a race car, and why Im driving it on the road etc etc.

Anyway I got away with no ticket- he said exhaust is loud but he will let it slide pfft, and I was so damn frustrated.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MAD828,Mar 14 2009, 07:05 PM
he asks me for an engineers certificate for the recaro seats which are standard anyway! He said I dont belive they are, why is the rest of the interior black, with red seats?

ahahahaha - what a fool .

i think that copper was just bored .
Old 03-16-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by MAD828,Mar 14 2009, 08:05 PM
Anyway I got away with no ticket- he said exhaust is loud but he will let it slide pfft, and I was so damn frustrated.
Wouldn't have been so bad if you were going down the hill sideways ; but when you are just minding your own business it kinda sucks ass..
Old 03-17-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah exactly, im like dude I bought this focker so I could speed of the streets lol!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 AM

Back to the original poster, after 4 years wouldn't it have been a good idea to change your licence anyway. What with all the benefits of cheaper insurance and no hastle from the police. Also even if your here on sponsorship you are only entitles to drive on your uk licence for 12 months
Old 04-17-2009, 06:19 AM

Had an interesting chat with a cop on the way home from a track day recently in Vic. Went something like this.

Cop - "Can I see your licence please?"

Me - "Sure." (Hand over slip with standard and CAMS licence in it).

Cop - "What have you been up to today?"

Me - "Racing my car."

Cop - "Really? Is this a race car?"

Now at this point I should mention that on the passenger seat is my full face helmet, gloves and bolted to the floor is a fire extinguisher. I am also still in my race suit from the waist down and smell like a goat herder from all the sweat on a summer afternoon out on the track. The car is on Toyo T1R Semi slicks, has tow hooks front and rear plainly marked and stinks of burnt rubber and what used to be my rear brakes.

The car looked like this, but of course i had no helmet on!

Me - "Yes, yes it is a race car." I reply.

Cop - "So you think it's ok to drive a race car as daily transport?"

Me - "No, it isn't. I have a Commodore company car just like yours to drive around but without the lights and stickers."

At this point in the conversation I probably realised that I had overstepped the mark. But I had no rear pads left, had been whipped by a very fast VW R32 Golf all day at Sandown and really wanted an icy cold beer.

Cop - "Wait here." (cop goes to car to do "cop stuff" then walks back).

Cop - "OK mate, I am not convinced your car is safe and roadworthy so I am going to need you to do a full RWC inspection." I want you to open the bonnet too."

Now I must also mention that through the entire conversation, I have been looking directly over the officers right shoulder. This is unbelievably annoying if you have ever tried it on somebody, and for this particular young guy he looked to be getting a little nervous.

Cop - "Why are you looking over my shoulder?"

Me - "I need to go home and do a poo." I reply flatly.

Cop - "Mate you are strange just go home."

Now it's my feeling he was always going to try and defect me, so I figured if I said something a bit strange and acted like I was not all there he might just tell me to piss off.

I got to go home, no defect notice and have my beer. He probably thinks I was some mildly retarded guy in a sports car!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 AM

LOL. Gotta love that one!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
fng

I will try the look over shoulder + need to poo combo next time.

Quick Reply: Sign of things to come?