Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Sign of things to come?

Old 01-02-2009, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All comes down to what the cops are looking for (apparently they have quotas to meet) ive been through 3 booze bus's and been let straight through. dont know about other states but in WA we have police WRX's which are supposed to be some sort of high speed hoon chaser. when they first came out i was driving down the coast minding my own business doing the speed limit when i drove passed this new police WRX. it did a U-turn and proceeded to follow me on my cruise down the coast. after a few k's i started getting uncomfortable having it behind me so i did a U-turn at a round about....he followed. realising he was obviously after me i thought it would be a good idea to to yet another U-turn of course he followed . this time he was following very closely. i was getting all my lines ready (G'day officer nice day, sucks to be working, ect) when in the opposite direction some fully sick SS ute comes sliding out around the corner and saves the day (the real hoon) im sure he lost his lic and got a yellow, but if he hadn't been there i would have been pulled over and interigated . im all for them pulling people over if they have done something wrong but just saying RBT isn't good enough IMO.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 PM

im just wondering what the hektic wrx woulda done if you just pulled over
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ap1.M3k' date='Jan 4 2009, 07:52 PM
im just wondering what the hektic wrx woulda done if you just pulled over
That's precisely what I will do next time I am followed.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM

I've always wondered what would happen if you knew an undercover was following you... and you call the police saying that a suspicious car was following you???
Old 01-04-2009, 06:36 PM

There is one cop in my area that always pulls me over for RBT's for no reason. Now i'm on my P's but that being said I've gotten one speeding ticket in my whole two years of driving and that was for doing 65 in a 60 zone. Now when i see him, i just stop and wait for him to pull up behind me. We're now on a first name basis lol!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Well today the WRX got the better of me. spent the week on the gold coast came back to find my car looking rather dusty so i hosed her down. the water was beading off pretty nicely as i had just waxed her before i went on my trip (meguires NXT, good stuff) and i decided that id dry her off by doing a quick spin down the freeway. it was 11am pulled onto the onramp, freeway was open infront so i put my foot down a bit. the water was beading off real fast no need for a shammy. then all of a sudden i see a blue under cover WRX with lights flashing pulling me over. 18km/h over the limit 2 demerit points $150. cant really complain much seeing i was in the wrong but how about spend a little bit less money on performance cars and spend the money and time on fighting crime.... just anoys me how they manage to spend so much time enforcing some of these road rules that just create revenue, yet they wont send a car out to my street when when we reported an average of 1 break-in a night for 2 weeks...
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Where does 18kph over get you 2 points?

I recently got a 10Kph over fine and lost 3 points.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:13 PM

WA, it used to be 1 point for 10-19 kmh over but must have gone up since then. Soon I would emagine it will b 3 here as well.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 PM

i still think it is "wrong place wrong time" for you guys ....

i only got pulled over once in close to 3 years of driving around with a hair cut like this popping out of the car.....

doof doof - bling bling music turned right up and bling bling lowie attracting rims ...

and for the past yr , been driving around in the Mrs bright yellow S2000 with 19in rims without any dramas either and im in the hardcore westside

i honestly think police will target any sports car, as they all know how quick they can go .
Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vuey' date='Jan 7 2009, 06:12 PM
In almost 7 years and 156000 kms of driving the S daily I have never been pulled over for a check, other than standard RBTs that pull over everybody on a stretch of road.
And I only had one well-deserved speeding fine - from a cop who came over the hill with his radar on.

I suppose it helps having a stock car and mostly having the roof up - and being middle-aged.

Quick Reply: Sign of things to come?