Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

September Sydney Drive Day

Old 09-14-2003, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twisties were fun. I had tommy on my arse through some of them. Scared my dad a bit I think... Rear end got a little loose

wil..
Old 09-14-2003, 05:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by wilch
Scared my dad a bit I think... Rear end got a little loose
That can happen as we get older.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by AusS2000
I'm not sure I ever got that high but then I wasn't looking at the speedo too much. Most of my spirited driving was reserved for the twisties.
I am particularly wary of exceeding 130 since it became an automatic license suspension event earlier this year.
I am glad I wasnt doing 6 more kph than the 94 I was doing when the copper pulled me over since 30 over would also mean loss of licence.
I think I will have to reserve my spirited driving for the twisties too but even there I guess the radar could still get me. I was taking it very easy as I continued down the highway but even then I couldn't resist some the twisties a few km on and probably hit at least 80 (70km/h limit, 55km/h advisory).

Old 09-14-2003, 06:33 PM

I had a bike about 80cm off my rear bar doing speeds around 120 on corners and he wasnt interested in passing me, I even moved over and left him miles of room didnt worry me because I knew it wouldnt effect me but I dont know how he could watch the road ahead well enough while watching my lights.

Aus there is no need to apologise bud the day was enjoyed by everyone and some great new playgrounds were discovered for some.

Two guys in SS utes got a little excited at the site of JH, Dan and me and started playing cat and mouse through the heavy traffic near hornsby. We managed to coast along and stay in front of them most of the way till the end where they pulled some rediculous moves between lanes. Looked like fun

Wayne and I put some premium in at 'bob's' servo just out of cessnock while we were waiting and I didnt really notice any dramatic loss of performance. However this morning when I filled her up with Vortex it felt a lot nicer. All in all I went through a bit over a tank of fuel yesterday which is pretty good I think. I didnt hold too much back when wayne and I were up front in the twisties so I expected lower mileage.

Was really good to see some new faces out there and also to see some mods in the real as opposed to the keyboard drooling that Im unfortunatley getting used to
Old 09-14-2003, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by tothemaxx
Man I missed you guys this time. Jing and I was running late and was trying to catch up...got up to Brock but due to no reception we weren't shore where you guys were. So we turned back. It still entertaining driving through those hills anyway. Well got to meet Jing....thanks for the drive Jing and sorry about your friend's Supra.

Yes thanks pat for the day, it was great anyways. Shame that we weren't able to meet with the whole bunch but it turned out ok (minus the camery and the holden)

Sorry to sam for constantly ringing and bothering you guys ....

next time i go on a cruise i must make sure i leave eariler

Thanks pat again for the great day anyways was so tired on the last stretch of roads almost closed my eyes

About the supra it should be ok .... it was my fault in telling you to park there anyways so i will talk to my friends about that ... but its just fiberglass damage so it should be easily repairable and replacable ... maybe around $100-$200.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:36 PM

Great pics aus!

I like how the tree reflects off the bonnet on the black s2k.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:37 PM

Hey guys fill us in on the Supra damage!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:03 AM

Just uploaded a few of mine.

Here's the link to the photo album:
https://www.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/image/list/6160

wil..

**just checked out what the pics look like after S2ki's weird compression crap that it has on it's photo albums... Most are all jagged and crap . They aren't supposed to be like that. The originals did not turn out like that. Even the resized images didn't turn out like that. Stupid photo album.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:46 PM

That wouldn't happen to be AusS2000's car with the bonnet up in this photo would it?

Here
Old 09-15-2003, 03:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Guilty as (super)charged.

Quick Reply: September Sydney Drive Day