Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

For Sale: V-AFC w/harness and radio door

Old 10-22-2003, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Hang Id guesstimate that Ive spent around $4000 on text books over the last 5 years and most of them are brand new still.

Spending $4000 on an exhaust intake and vafc would be seen as pretty extreme here in Aus most have sourced exhausts locally saving a lot of dollars and the CAI doesnt have to be a brand name either.

If you are interested in gaining a little more power but want to do it economically then exhaust isnt really on your shopping list. If you want a cool sound and like the idea of losing some weight then Id say it would be on the top since it is a very heavy stock exhaust.

As for the cai you wouldn't need to go with the $700+ AEM that H9k mentioned since there are some cheap knock-offs that have been made that do a similar job. If you're interested check out a guy with the handle 4IGS2000, he has the AEM knock-off for around $400 shipped I think. Speak to TOTHEMAXX as well he has organised group buys from him before.

If you are adamant on modding your car read this thread but do keep in mind that most responses came from people in the US.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...t+bang+for+buck

If you're not too interested like you say then I suggest you do what my suggestion was in that thread, which was an advanced driving course. Maybe even go and spend ~$400 and get a whiteline front sway bar and X brace first.

Meanwhile I think that we've damaged Aus' thread enough now so if you guys wanna continue the discussion then feel free to start a new one
Old 10-22-2003, 03:03 AM

Thanx, Aust. The CAI (4IGS2000) is $135 USD which works out to around $200 AUS. The quality is really good, let alone the powder coating, it's a gun metal bronze finish. At first when I found out about the colour I wasn't too keen but when I saw it in person I must say it looks really good. The best bang for your bucks CAI. I haven't installed mine yet..too lazy. I will very soon. The only thing you might have to worry about is the hydro lock. Let me know if you are interested I can try bring one in for you.

Pat
Old 10-22-2003, 03:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Perhaps you could organise another GB. I'm after some parts from 4IG.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by tothemaxx
Thanx, Aust. The CAI (4IGS2000) is $135 USD which works out to around $200 AUS. The quality is really good, let alone the powder coating, it's a gun metal bronze finish. At first when I found out about the colour I wasn't too keen but when I saw it in person I must say it looks really good. The best bang for your bucks CAI. I haven't installed mine yet..too lazy. I will very soon. The only thing you might have to worry about is the hydro lock. Let me know if you are interested I can try bring one in for you.

Pat
Are you sure that's $200AUS delivered or is that before 10% GST + 15% import tax + delivery?
Does 4IGS has any of these intake left in stock?

The AEM is only $USD 250 but thanks to J. Howard it's a lot more than what a intake pipe should be
If you guys use the 4IGS intake I would recommend that you heat wrap it as the intake has not any heat shield coating. You may still get some bogging at traffic light on a hot day. The AEM has a zirconium or some sort of heat coating on it. I dont think it's worth the $USD 115 difference though.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:27 PM

Do you think that the intake piping could carry enough heat to raise the temperature of the air that is flowing through it at such a rate? I understand if the air was stagnant at lights that there would be reason to remedy such an issue, maybe the at the low velocity when idling the air would heat enough to bog a little but its not like the stock intake where it is taking air that has sat in a hot environment even when taking off.

I guess it cant hurt anyway so
Old 10-22-2003, 02:31 PM

It won't be $200 AUS delivered. That is around the price of it and plus for the tax Brandon can work out a way around that.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Austblue
Do you think that the intake piping could carry enough heat to raise the temperature of the air that is flowing through it at such a rate? I understand if the air was stagnant at lights that there would be reason to remedy such an issue, maybe the at the low velocity when idling the air would heat enough to bog a little but its not like the stock intake where it is taking air that has sat in a hot environment even when taking off.

I guess it cant hurt anyway so
It won't hurt
A few gurus on this board have carried out "research/experiment" on this topic about 1 year ago when AEM and Injen was the "trend". Yes the heat gain at the light is fairly significant. Once you start moving it's not so bad but it does take a while to cool down if the intake is heat soaked. So between traffic lights in the city you may not get a COLD AIR INTAKE as such.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:41 PM

I'll take it, if it is still for sale
Old 10-22-2003, 03:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Phew, I had thought everyone had forgotten the thread title.

I'll PM you my number.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:53 PM

sorry AusS
That's why I just tip toed OT and did not go overboard with it
Good luck with the sale.

OT again : How do you like the AEM chuckie?

Quick Reply: For Sale: V-AFC w/harness and radio door