Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Overnight Cruise Melb/Warrnambool

Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overnight Cruise Melb/Warrnambool

I have already put this in another thread but I thought I should Strart another one.

What about the Great Ocean Road, Lorne, Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Peterborough, then Stay in Warrnambool overnight - have barbecue at my residence(I will supply meat for barbecue for Free and you can't get better offer than that), then the next morning we can visit Tower Hill (drive down into Volcano), then to Port fairy for lunch and then you can all drive home. Only 3 hour drive on the princes highway from Warrnambool to Melb and you all will be home before it gets dark.

I can organise accomodation for you guys at a motel

Make it an overnight stay and have a nice time and a weekend trip of a lifetime. Sometime in Jan/Feb. Pick your date and I will drive down to Melb to join all of you for the trip.

Perry
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 PM

WOW..

Is there anything i have to do?! are you providing a driver for my car?!
Your the best!!

Im down for this, and will be more than happy to chip in for food and drinks!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 PM

I am down for this. As long as it is after the 15th Jan..
Old 12-07-2005, 02:11 PM

This is indeed a great trip. Everyone should do it at least once. Since I've had the S2000 I've done this trip about twice a year each year. Usually made it a long weekend, driving down on the Friday & returning on the Sunday.

The most important suggestion I can offer is that you should attempt this trip in Autumn or Spring. If you attempt it in high summer and/or school holiday periods you will be immensely disappointed/frustrated/annoyed by the traffic. During summer, Easter & school holidays this road is choked by slow moving traffic.

Edit: Extract from other thread

The ultimate S2000 road is of course the Great Ocean road from Anglesea to Apollo Bay. The extension on to Lavers Hill is also excellent ................

Whilst the Great Ocean road is unquestionably the best, it can also be very frustrating for unprepared drivers in that it attracts all manner of slow moving vehicles. All the major tourist Bus companies run daily trips down the Great Ocean road and on to the twelve apostles. (Fortunately they return to Melbourne via the Princes Highway) On any summer
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM

Thanks redrover for info and advice. the fun is travelling at 80km in 2 or 3 gear roaring round those bends and corners .

I am happy to have it in autumn but I will welcome any suggestions. Got to get things moving instead of just talk . Come on you Melbounre drivers come to the great ocean drive. The part from Apollo Bay to Lavers Hill is absolulely stunning, winding and up hill.

Perry
Old 12-07-2005, 11:28 PM

What date are we thinking for this event?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by dbzerk,Dec 8 2005, 06:28 PM
What date are we thinking for this event?
I really have no set date. I am happy to do it in Jan, Feb or March or April. Basically a date that suits most. Weather wise, Jan and Feb would be great. Red Rover is correct about traffic during holidays but that would also depend on luck too.

It also depends if we want a speedy trip to take advantage of the S2000 or just a fun cruising day with top down. If the Ocean road's traffic is heavy, there are many sections that may not be. It will also depend when the buses leave from Melb. So the starting time would also be crucial.

Why don't I say Saturday Jan 21st and see what response we get

Perry
Old 12-08-2005, 05:43 PM

Sounds like great fun.
Are SA members invited or is this a private VIC cruise ?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:50 PM

No SA members please, only VIC.. hahaha

joking..
Old 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM

Oh please we are only 4 hours away too
Could we arrange some track time during the week with this weekend cruise? I will see if I can get sometimes off for this.

Quick Reply: Overnight Cruise Melb/Warrnambool