Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Off Topic: Sex Scandal

Old 06-17-2004, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pfeww!! that was a shedload of replies since this morning!

Nashiou : If it was a 14 year old girl I'd say the same thing. In general I agree with Aus2000s three 'It was wrong' summary but the teacher should feel the full weight of the law.

You may be too young to know that in the old times, girls were married off at around 13 to a 30 something year old 'financially secure' man. So at the risk of opening a can of worms I am going to say that I don't think there is anything physically or emotionally wrong with such relationships (male/female or female/male). They happen to be illegal now and such they should not happen.

Now, abuse and manipulation happen in relationships where the participants are of all ages. Minors are more likely to be manipulated but that is just coincidence (and probably the reason why such things are illegal), there is also plenty of older easily manipulated and abused people around.

S2o0o, you sound so much like my friends did at that age. It is unbelievable! My best (female) friend during my teenage was always telling me abut such and such doing this and that with x and y and how girls of those times were much more developed than their predecesors. Part of me thought she was deluding herself (about being more developed) and part of me thought it was just girls telling tall tales just like us boys were doing.

If I recall correctly, in my tales I lost my virginity at 15. I don't think I ever told my friends the truth and I was never challenged (must have been a darn good story). I remember wanting to say it was at 14 but I could not work it into the story (time, place, opportunity, overlapping with other BS I was telling at the time, etc). My advise is to believe 10% of what they say, keep oogling over cars and if you ever feel the need to tell tall tales go to the library and do some reading. Uou'll be amazed at the quality of your BS if you do a little research beforehand (I am talking about biology books here!!!)
Old 06-17-2004, 04:39 AM

Some pretty good examples of bad parenting here.

I may not be the world's best parent but my children seem to be a lot less worldly than some of the others who have posted.

My 17yo son has only just started to take an interest in girls in the last 5 months and I know for a fact that there is nothing sexual going on - not that I'd particularly mind if there was btw.

My 14yo daughter is still just a gigling/sullen schoolgirl, yet to meet anyone and I don't expect her to for a couple of more years.

As for either of them going out unaccompanied by myself or my wife beyond 8pm at night, it simply doesn't happen.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:55 AM

Originally posted by AusS2000
Note that Lolita is about an older male and a younger female. And I assume so is the situation you are familar with.

Ever wonder why neither our own experiences nor those of books and movies suggest that young males are effected in the same way as young females.

The situation I'm familiar with involved a younger male and an older female.

None of this is conclusive, but at least we know where we are coming from.
Sure, and I don't think there's a significant difference outside the stereotypes and bravado
Old 06-17-2004, 04:56 AM

So 2kturkey, I suppose you'd be thrilled if your son or daughter had a sexual relationship with their teacher (j/k)
Old 06-17-2004, 04:58 AM

s2o2o, every generation thinks they are massively different from the one before, but within each are the same subcultures. There were people like your friends around when I was at school and probably when my parents were too. Kids were bonking each other in the middle ages.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:24 AM

Glad you included the j/k Naishou. No, I certainly wouldn't be impressed with them being involved with a teacher.

Frankly, I find it difficult to comprehend how the teacher could be so stupid. As other posters have suggested, I suspect the teacher herself must have been the victim of sexual abuse when she was younger and is trying to rationalise her prior experiences by doing the same to others.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by naishou
That's as big a stereotype as you'll find anywhere

I can tell you that the girl I know wasn't raped.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:20 PM

This thread has certainly captured our attention. Only 40 hours old and already 75 replies and 612 views.

Further developments......

1) Copy of an article from Yesterday's HeraldSun newspaper

A FEMALE teacher has faced a Melbourne court charged with sexual assault over an alleged affair with a high school student.

Karen Louise Ellis, 36, of Eltham North, has been charged with seven counts of having sex with a child under 16 and seven of committing an indecent act with a child under 16.

Dressed in a long white coat and accompanied by her husband, Ellis appeared at Melbourne Magistrates Court today, charged by summons over the alleged relationship with a 15-year-old boy.

Her lawyer, Chester Metcalfe, told the brief hearing the facts surrounding the alleged offences in October and November last year would come out in court.

"There is a lot more involved in this case than simply a teacher seducing a student," Mr Metcalfe said.

Magistrate Brian Barrow ordered Ellis to reappear in August.

2) From Ten late night news (10.30pm 17/6/04)

There was coverage of this case on the Ten late night news last night. The teacher's age was given as 36 and the boy's age was given as 15. If the teacher had not been under such great stress, perhaps she could have been described as a good looking blonde? She was well dressed in a demure winter outfit.

Her husband who was acompanying her was dresed in tight trousers and a very open neck tropical shirt. A rather bizarre outfit to wear to a court on a cold winter's day.

The lawyer really stressed the point that there was a lot more to this case than just a teacher having sex with a pupil and that a lot more would be revealed when the case comes to court in August.

The school was Macleod college and there were shots of the teacher's home where some of the alleged offences took place. A reasonably new, large, good quality home in a good suburb.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2kturkey
Some pretty good examples of bad parenting here.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:51 PM

try........ http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/...l?from=storylhs

That URL above will take you to the Age newspaper site (with photo). On the HeraldSun's website this morning (Friday 18 June 2004) this following article appears..

Teacher to reveal all
Chloe Adams
18 June 2004

A WOMAN teacher accused of having an affair with a 14-year-old male student appeared in court yesterday.

Karen Louise Ellis, a mother of three, is charged with seven counts of having sex with a child under 16 and seven of committing an indecent act on a child under 16.

The 36-year-old, who taught physical education at a northern suburbs state secondary school, allegedly had sex with the Year 10 student on five separate occasions during October and November last year.

Ms Ellis, of Eltham North, sat solemnly with her husband in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court yesterday for her first court appearance.

Ms Ellis, who was dressed in a cream winter coat and brown pants and wearing dark sunglasses, stayed close to her husband as she walked from court.

Her lawyer, Chester Metcalfe, earlier told the court he hoped his client would receive a fair hearing despite the immense public interest.

"There is more involved in this case than simply a teacher seducing a student. The full facts will come out before the court in the fullness of time," Mr Metcalfe said.

Outside court, Mr Metcalfe said the allegations had caused his client and her family shock and stress.

Magistrate Brian Barrow ordered Ms Ellis, who is on bail, to appear again on August 17 in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court.

Quick Reply: Off Topic: Sex Scandal