Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

NSW HSCC run to Armidale

Old 02-23-2002, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NSW HSCC run to Armidale

Just got back from the NSW HSCC run to Armidale. We went up the Old Pacific Highway, Buckets Way to Gloucester then to Port Macquarie, and then the Oxley Highway to Armidale. The Oxley is a fantastic road with excellent surface, cambering and visibility. Definitely my favourite section. The tight stuff in the hills was second and third gear in VTEC the whole way before the road opened up for some excellent high speed sections. I have reason to believe an S2000 can hit 251km/h on this section, but don't ask me how I know

On the way back we came down Thunderbolt's Way which was also an excellent road having been just surfaced.

Definitely a great fun and eye opening couple of days. Some of the people in this club are insane , and yet they were calling me "lunatic" Might have something to do with coming from the back of the pack to second in the twisties Along the way there was an excellent and very evenly matched duel with a very well driven Type R.

The leader of the run was a member who has just replaced his S2000 with an AMG SLK32. If you want something that can pass an S2000 in a straight line like it's standing still you need look no further. This thing had awesome acceleration. I guess 260kW will do that for you It's also no slouch in the corners.
Old 02-24-2002, 12:10 PM

Naishou: i was going to come along on that run but couldnt due to an injury i have, glad to hear you had a great time, will definately attend the March run.
Did JD end up getting a Merc?????
Old 02-24-2002, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by goul
Naishou: i was going to come along on that run but couldnt due to an injury i have, glad to hear you had a great time, will definately attend the March run.
Did JD end up getting a Merc?????
Well I couldn't come along cause I wasn't "required" in Sydney as of thursday last week ... I so wanted to go ... *sob sob*

From what I hear the "certain member of HSCC" has a few toys on order no? Including a prouncing stallion?
Old 02-24-2002, 12:26 PM

Naishou: Ah dont forget to check your engine oil level also
Old 02-24-2002, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Iggy_Type_R
From what I hear the "certain member of HSCC" has a few toys on order no? Including a prouncing stallion?
I'd love to know how he does it. I think I need to change professions He seems to have the AMG bug now and talks of getting an even faster one
Old 02-24-2002, 12:52 PM

Naishou: Ah dont forget to check your engine oil level also
Heh heh. My car doesn't use oil. Maybe I'm lucky. Well actually this time it did use about 0.2L over the 1100km or so we did, and most of that was in VTEC, so I'm not too concerned
Old 02-24-2002, 01:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by naishou
[B]I'd love to know how he does it.
Old 02-24-2002, 01:58 PM

[QUOTE]I have reason to believe an S2000 can hit 251km/h on this section, but don't ask me how I know
Old 02-24-2002, 02:42 PM

Naishou: thats insane was the roof up or down!!!!
I "hear" that it is possible with the roof up and that the wind noise drowns out any sound of the engine which is somewhere near maximum power in top gear Roof down who knows, maybe someone needs to try the experiment.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:11 PM
N1R

i went to last years Armidale run..... and it was awesome, it was the kind of drive that could have resulted in a few less cars making the return trip home, it was that hardcore . Oxley Hwy has to be the best twisty road ive ever driven on. Last year we did the run the other way round so we took on the fast section of the Oxley Hwy 1st......... i hit 250km/h indicated going down that long stretch. There were also a few sections where we sitting on 220km/h + for a good 5-10minutes or so. Too bad i couldnt make this year

Quick Reply: NSW HSCC run to Armidale