Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

My battery died today

Old 10-31-2004, 01:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My battery died today

Stan's Sunday: First day of daylight saving in NSW and great weather so what better way to spend a Sunday then a 2 hour drive south of Sydney to take in the Nowra airshow.
Enjoyed the action in the air and the classic car show on the ground...back to the S2k, put the roof down then hit the button to release the boot to put my camera away and..tic, tic...no open boot...turned on the ign and hit the red button..click, click.....DARN
Fiddled and waited and tried for half an hour and gave in and got a jump start from one of the fly boys..Not from his Merlin engine battery mind you
Straight back home without stopping which blew my plans of a few homeward bound diversions...The car is a '99 build date and the offending battery is the original Panasonic so sure can't complain about the lasting quality of it...anyone got better battery life then that?...now to do a forum search and find out about a quality replacement.
Oh, and i remembered the trick of holding the drivers side window button in the 'up' position after a battery malfunction to reset the 'auto up'..worked a treat..

Old 10-31-2004, 02:10 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Lockheed Constellation. Yummm!
Old 10-31-2004, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244473

Not that you asked Stanley but we just had this discussion the other day and I thought that you may have missed it

Good to see that you had a nice clear vip parking spot for the photo op
Old 10-31-2004, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Oct 31 2004, 09:33 PM
we just had this discussion the other day and I thought that you may have missed it
Thanks for that Austblue...mention made there of a battery worth around $300..!!!..holy cats, last time i bought a battery from Kmart for my old spare Nissan it cost around a hundred bucks..

Psst, nice to see you still love that pic of the blue beauty at Stanwell Tops
Old 10-31-2004, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Oct 31 2004, 09:10 PM
Lockheed Constellation. Yummm!
Truly beautiful aircraft...pity about the Qantas 'Connie' that destroyed itself in Mauritius in 1960...Still see a couple of the guys at our reunions who were crewing it at the time.
Mauritius prang (sorry about the missing pics with the article..temporary pic server prob)
Old 10-31-2004, 10:18 AM

That photo captured some of my best memories of the car stanley, I think that's what makes you such a good photographer you really capture the story in the shot.

BTW I thought that Qantas had never lost a plane? That must have been quite an experience for the crew on board to forget, do you know if they continued in that line of work?
Old 10-31-2004, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stanley,Oct 31 2004, 08:59 PM
The car is a '99 build date and the offending battery is the original Panasonic so sure can't complain about the lasting quality of it...anyone got better battery life then that
Hi Stanley, I got mine about the same time as yours (Oct/Nov 1999). Mine is a September 99 build date and has now done 65,000Kms.

My battery is going fine, no signs of any loss of charge. Did yours go down slowly or was it a sudden no-warning thing?
Old 10-31-2004, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by RedRover,Nov 1 2004, 08:23 AM
Hi Stanley, I got mine about the same time as yours (Oct/Nov 1999). Mine is a September 99 build date and has now done 65,000Kms.

My battery is going fine, no signs of any loss of charge. Did yours go down slowly or was it a sudden no-warning thing?
RedRover,
No warning at all...have always skited about how good the battery is...surprised me..the only thing i had on for the 3 hours i was away from it was the alarm...thought at first it must have been a prob with the roof motor cos as soon as i lowered it that was when it died..just started it ok this morning with the aircon on and whatever esle i could find to drain it.....don't think i better trust it though....mine is a June '99 build date and 51000 k'ms..
Stan
Old 10-31-2004, 02:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you checked the fluid levels?
Old 10-31-2004, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Nov 1 2004, 09:06 AM
Have you checked the fluid levels?
Ah ha...thanks AusS..just reminded me, used a 5 cent piece to unscrew just one of the battery filler caps before i got it started and from what i could see, fluid level looked pretty low....I'm off to check the rest...distilled or tap water.

Quick Reply: My battery died today