Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Max power

Old 06-24-2001, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have to disagree to what is being said about the demo cars. as some of u may know i bought my black s2k (RIP) which was a demo and it had 180 kms on it. it was let out about 6 or seven times to people to test . when i bought it i obviously couldnt compare it to another s2k to know how it was supposed to drive. but now that i have my new 2001 indy/spa yellow s2k i can tell u all that there is a world of difference between the two cars in terms of drivability. here is what i mean: the clutch action is i believe lighter, but then again i was driving my younger brothers civic vtir for the 6 weeks that i didnt have a car, anyway....
the gearchange is a hell of a lot smoother, and that is for real, not just my opinion, my brother feels it as well, it doesnt clunk or grind or notch, nothing, just slick as hell. the uptake of the gears is also much smoother, even if im lazy with changes. i also feel that it is easier to drive, i had to concentrate much more with the other car, this one is much easier.
and finally, the colour is da sh#t man, it turns so many heads i cant believe it, but then again i live in newcastle which is about 1.5 hours north of sydney and is a little backwater, although we have close to a million pop, there are only 4 s2k going around here, and the yellow is the best....
anyway, with demos, i thought that they give u the keys and let u go away, thats how klosters do business, i had the lend of a 330Ci for a whole day and i could have had a 330 convertible as well but i made my decision already to get the s2k. maybe it helps that my father bought his bmw from them!! btw the 330Ci was a true delight to drive, revved very freely and had plenty of go, slight understeer when pushed a little but nice.
Old 06-25-2001, 01:06 AM

Not all dealers are so nice to their demos... I got to beat (somewhat) on a black s2000 from tynan motors.. had around 500 ks on the clock. i was going to buy said vehicle but kept thinking about how it had likely been treated in relation to the discount from new.

also.. same salesguy took me for a ride in a yellow type-r with delivery miles on it. he had no problems finding the rev-limiter on most shifts. fun car
Old 06-26-2001, 11:52 PM

Re demos - I know many S2k owners who were allowed, nay encouraged, by dealers sitting beside them to take the car into VTEC.

I first drove an S2k 2 days after their release in Aug '99. Whilst I did not go over 4.5k the previous driver (who had just come back from his demo drive and was waiting in the show room when I returned) told me he had had it up to 8k and this was a car with only 50Kms on the clock!!

Prior to purchasing the Stook I had an extended test drive in a BMW 318 for 4 days - this is standard BMW demo policy, they encourage you to keep the car for up to a week.

The car had 40km on the clock when I received it. It was so gutless that it had to be taken to redline (6.5k) in 1st and 2nd at every traffic light just to keep up with other traffic!

I gave it back with around 250km on the clock. BMW tried to do a deal to sell it to me as demonstrator (with a $2k discount which I think I would have received anywayo n a new vehicle). I wasn't the least bit interested but I pity the poor new owner who ended up buying that thing.