Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Interior and Top cleaning advise

Old 06-05-2002, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior and Top cleaning advise

Hi All,

Need to know what do you all use for the interior leather cleaning, conditioning..............?

Also, the TOP ? This is my first convertible. Is there a cleaner?

Thanks heaps.

Cheers
Tom
Old 06-05-2002, 08:49 PM

The top is vinyl so any product made to clean or protect vinyl is what to look for. I used to just wash mine with the regular car wash I used for the rest of the car and it worked fine. Since my top got so little use and almost no sun I only used a vinyl protectant on it once just before I sold it. I used Megiuars Vinyl and Rubber Protectant which claims to be non-greasy and all the rest. It was hard to apply evenly because of the texture of the fabric and it wasn't until it dried properly after a few days that the top looked an even colour. It did make it look darker and healthier but obviously I can't comment on how well it protects.

For the interior I used the same Megiuars product with excellent results and for the seats Megiuars (again) Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, which doesn't make them shiny or slippery but keeps them supple.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:42 PM

I use similar products as naishou, an additional suggestion I would make is to use "303" on the roof. This is available at Autobarn etc and makes the roof darker and apparently protects from UV damage. My car is parked outside a lot so this was important to me.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:04 PM

I haven't used anything on the *roof* as yet. But I did have to clean the rear window. It got very, very, very cloudy and turned a yucky brown splotchy colour. After asking on here which would be the best thing to get. (basically was told plexus or the honda "stuff"). So I got the honda stuff and it worked great. The plastic looked like new and a mate even asked "when did I get the glass rear window installed?".

For the leather on the inside I use Meguiar's gold class leather conditioner, and for the vinyl I use that other meguiar's product vinyl and rubber protectant. In the pic below you can see the Honda plastic cleaner that I bought from Honda flanked by the Meguiar's products.

and below a pic of the window after it was cleaned:

wil..
Old 06-06-2002, 01:37 AM

my gawd, that rear window is incredible! got to get me some of that stuff!
Old 06-06-2002, 03:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suit36
[B]my gawd, that rear window is incredible!
Old 06-06-2002, 04:31 AM

For the back plastic window I use Plexus and it comes in a spray can. Its is very good but expensive. It is the same product thats used to clean the plastic windows in aeroplanes
Old 06-06-2002, 08:06 PM

Thanks alot guys...went out and bought the Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber cleaner...thanks guys and will try and get the Meguiar's GOLD class Leather conditioner when I find one...apparently it went out of stock from the Kmark I went to.....

Btw, I'm using Plexus too for the rear window.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:41 PM

where can I get these sort of cleaning products near the city (without having to go to some big automart in the boonies)?
Old 06-07-2002, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by suit36
where can I get these sort of cleaning products near the city (without having to go to some big automart in the boonies)?
K-Mart at the Broadway shopping centre would have most of them. I bought all mine at Auto One Kensington.

Quick Reply: Interior and Top cleaning advise