Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Input from Ex-S2000 owners please

Old 09-19-2006, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Input from Ex-S2000 owners please

hey Crew ...
As the topic suggest , i was after some info from pass S2000 owners who have sold their rides and moved on . I was wondering , how long did some of you have your cars for sale until it sold ?
And was there alot of intrest during the sale period ? enquiries / genuine prospective buyers etc calling thru ?

Your input will be much appreciated .

will be so hard to let something so beautiful go

Old 09-19-2006, 04:59 AM

its coming up to summer, so should be faster then normal.

expect a lot of tyre kickers
Old 09-19-2006, 05:29 AM

I don't know how you can do it Vuey. I'm in a similar predicament to sell the S and get a nice family car/ dog transport vehicle but I figured the S is simply worth more to me than what I can get for it if I sold it. So I'm getting an old bomb as the "other car" instead and keeping the S.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:55 AM

shot gun the front lip!!

nah jk...

sorry to hear that you want to sell it, im guessing with summer coming up it should sell quickly...just be intimidating if u suspect tyre kickers!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:57 AM

Mine has been on the market for about 5 weeks. Had 3 enquiries so far, 2 from eastern states and 1 local, who test drove it and offered me a few grand less than what i'm willing to let it go at. It's only been advertised on carsales, i'd probably get more interest if it was advertised in the local papers though.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blackie,Sep 19 2006, 11:29 PM
I don't know how you can do it Vuey. I'm in a similar predicament to sell the S and get a nice family car/ dog transport vehicle but I figured the S is simply worth more to me than what I can get for it if I sold it. So I'm getting an old bomb as the "other car" instead and keeping the S.
i cant sleep over it .
As PechS2k was saying to me, its not just the car , but its the life style as well
its a huge decision . So true about it being worth more then what you can get for it .
Ive come from a string of 2 seater cars , so i have learned to live with the inconvience of it all ! hehehehe

TAAXED
shot gun the front lip!!
ahahahah , oh i would , but i think it will help to sway a buyer with it on .
If you come to the Mega Meet , buy one from Ebay , and i can get it sprayed and fitted for you dirt cheap !

sorry to hear that you want to sell it, im guessing with summer coming up it should sell quickly...just be intimidating if u suspect tyre kickers!
oh , im taking a step back to take 3 steps forward in the long term
As for tyre kickers , im not gonna take any dickhead offers over the phone , and im sussing out any potential buyers that show up . If they dont look like the real deal , i'll just tell them to piss off .

hondaboy82
Igs , have you tried to list it as a full stocky ?
You might get abit more intrest if it were a stocky ( maybe just with the rims on )
and try your luck selling the kit and bits and pieces .
If you were in Sydney , im sure it would of sold by now , as they are sought after the rare colours .
Good luck Igs !
Old 09-19-2006, 01:31 PM

Yeah, lots of punters, for sure. In any case, you'll sell it quicker if you have a lower asking price. I've never understood people who don't have the most attractive asking price for a comparable vehicle. If you don't, why do you expect anyone to buy your car and not the one up the road which is $3k cheaper?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by fisting dwarves,Sep 20 2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah, lots of punters, for sure. In any case, you'll sell it quicker if you have a lower asking price. I've never understood people who don't have the most attractive asking price for a comparable vehicle. If you don't, why do you expect anyone to buy your car and not the one up the road which is $3k cheaper?
not sure how much to list her for at this stage , i got all the time in the world to sell it , so i can hold out abit for my ask price i guess. At the same time , im not gonna list it for something unrealistic .
In saying that , i know a member on here who paid mid $40k for a 99 !
so there is hope to get a satisfying price .
Old 09-19-2006, 02:23 PM

depends on km's Vuey.

How many have you racked up?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:38 PM

61,000kms on it . Full service history .
Immaculate condition for a 99 .

Quick Reply: Input from Ex-S2000 owners please