Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

If you value your rights to have your warranty honoured, please click here.

Old 08-27-2002, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you value your rights to have your warranty honoured, please click here.

Hi All,

As some of you may be aware I have been very quite lately as three weeks ago I suffered a catstrophic engine failure.

The details can be found here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=78621

The outcome of this indirectly affects all of us and I would appreciate any support.

Thanks,

Dominik
Old 08-27-2002, 06:56 PM

Is Honda or the dealer saying that you have voided the warranty? I can understand a dealer saying that to get more money out of you.

I would have hoped that Honda had access to all warranty claims and could see a correlation between your problem and others that they have had.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:03 PM

Getting truly paranoid.

Does anyone worry that Honda Australia or a dealer can look through this site and work out who is taking their car on the track?

If anything goes bang they could say that the car was subjected to "unusual abuse" or "suffered extreme conditions" and not honour the warranty.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:36 PM

What a 'load of sh*te'....that really gets me going, for all the wrong reasons!! Mr.Honda

I assume like the ITR, that the S2K has a 'rev limiter' and that unless you spend a greater than 'normal' (ie very rarely!) time 'bouncing' off this rev limiter AND everything else is in order (ie oil/fluid levels & service history) PLUS you only done a couple of 'Honda Sponsored' track days (in your case '1')....THAT there is NO WAY they could say you've abuse your engine.

Good luck 'dhess'.... I hope you eventually get the for the 'warranty claim'?!
Old 08-27-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Aussie_ITR-0239
THAT there is NO WAY they could say you've abuse your engine.
Over revs aren't driven by the engine, they are driven by the wheels. If you are revving up through 5th and go to change to 6th, but instead get 2nd your vehicles momentum is transferred through the drivetrain and gear box and forces your engine to exceed it's rev range. No amount of ECu intervention can avoid this. Usually what happens is a valve can't get away in time and a piston slams into it either bending it or breaking it. Call the tow truck.

But rod/big end failure is usually result of lack of lubrication.

Also, it's not in a dealers best interest to deny warranty. They get paid by Honda to do the work. It's Honda that knock them back.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:08 AM

Too bad none of you have a connection back to Honda of Australia. That would really help in most cases...

For now, just line up all the facts (service records, engine oil level, valve condition etc etc). Then present it as best as you can. It would not hurt to mention the opinion of the hundreds of other owners on the site.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:13 AM
Col

Honda twice rejected my clutch warranty (42K) but when I went to the Dealer and complained and said I was going to get an independent analysis of the replaced parts (I had kept the replaced parts) Honda changed their mind and I got full warranty.

In my case the Dealer supported me and I strongly suspect played a positive part in my getting warranty.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:23 AM

Originally posted by Col
Honda twice rejected my clutch warranty (42K) but when I went to the Dealer and complained and said I was going to get an independent analysis of the replaced parts (I had kept the replaced parts) Honda changed their mind and I got full warranty.
Can you actually get warranty on clutch
Old 08-28-2002, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by s2ktaxi
It would not hurt to mention the opinion of the hundreds of other owners on the site.
Au contraire. Honda Australia believe that "problems" spread like a virus on the internet and sites like this. They infect owners and cause them to believe they have problems when they do not.

In my experience, if you want to cause Honda dealer representatives to be offside then telling them "you read it here" is the best way to achieve that.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:27 AM

dhess,

this is absolutely disgusting, honda should honour their warranty. It is a sports car and should be driven like one, otherwise I we would all have purchased saloon cars

Quick Reply: If you value your rights to have your warranty honoured, please click here.