Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

I hate cops

Old 04-24-2003, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am driving on Bay Rd, turning left onto Nepean Hwy where Southland is (in Melbourne). Of course since it is an 80 zone, I hit it, redline in 1st and shut down clost to red in 2nd. It's about 85 or so on the speedo, slow down to 80. I see a silver commodore behind me, but only one the driver, no passangers, so I rule out that it's a cop. (of course as you already guessed I was wrong).

But don't forget that I didn't really go over teh speed limit, so he cant pull me over. So he is sticking a few car lenghs behind. I am in the middle lane and there's a slow car, so after a traffic light (I make sure tha tI don't switch lanes in teh middle of a traffic light, a big Then swtich back after overtaking a car to the left lane, and bang, the commodore hits the lights and the siren. Pulling me over.

So I pull over thinking he got me for doing 85 in an 80 zone.

But how wrong I was... here is the conversation:

Pig: "You know when you took to the right lane to overtake? Well you did not indicate. Is there any reason that you did not indicate."
Me: "I though I indicated"
Pig: "No you didn't. You also gave it some stick coming out of bay rd, I saw the smoke out of your exhaust."
Me: "I shut it down in 2nd, and didnt go over 80"
Pig: "Bullshit, I can hit 150 in 2nd in my car (the commodore)"
Me: Silence
Pig: "You shouldn't do things that attract police attention on the road. I was watching you like a hawk until you did something wrong, and you did something wrong and I pulled you over."
Me: "I didn't know that not indicating was something that bad"
Pig: "Well it's a $105 fine and 2 demerit points"
Me: Silence
Pig writes my details in a book, and says "Consider this your one and only warning. You should let other drivers on the road know what you are doing, and don't do any more stupid things on the road."

So lady luck is with me today, I should go buy a lottery ticket.

But c'mon... he couldn't get me for ANYTHING, so he pulled me over to give me a lecture on how I should indicate. Tough f*cking pig he is!

Funny that in front of me as I was pulling away from him someone ran a Give Way sign and almost ran into me and then two people switched lanes in front of the cop without indicating... but that's ok... they are not driving a red sports car, hence they are not a menace on the road.

I hate cops. I will always hate cops.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey, he gave you some grief and a warning, but no ticket or points. I think you found one of the good ones.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by AusS2000
Hey, he gave you some grief and a warning, but no ticket or points. I think you found one of the good ones.
I very much doubt it was a "good one". We were about 200m away from the cop station, so he HAD to pull me over for SOMETHING.... and yes as soon as he got to teh station he pulled into it.

As I said, he was on his own, and it would be quite reasonalbe to argue against the ticket. Over something "failing to indicate" I think a judge would have enough decency to throw it out. Anyway, his attitude was the "tough-guy" thing... I mean yeah it could have been worse, I could be paying a $105 fine and loosing the 2 points, but calling this guy one of the "good ones" is a bit wrong me thinks.

The guy who pulled me over in Sydney was a good one. At least he had something to pull me over for...
Old 04-25-2003, 12:15 AM

That must be some amazing commodore if it does 150 in second. I don't think that even an f1 car does 150 in second.

Whatever, you did the right thing by just not saying anything. They love it when you try and be smart to them, they get a power trip from it. That's the sort of thing that makes their day.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bmoyes
[B]That must be some amazing commodore if it does 150 in second.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:08 AM

Drove past a police camera hiding in some bushes doing 88 in a 80 zone today. Will see if I get a ticket or not. Double Demerit weekend too.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:54 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

If they really wanted to stop you from speeding they'd make their presence highly visible so that people would slow down.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:09 AM

I just put blue flashing tyres valve caps....really riceeee

I drove past a cop station in town tonight, redlined 1st gear A green commodore with 2 male passengers immediately followed my car. They kept on staying behind me on the right and "hawk". It was very sus so I turned off a few things except the valve caps (which I could not) and stick to 50kph.
We came to a stop light and they kept on watching my blue flasshy bits

AND GUESS WHAT???

They could not bother pull me over heehehehhe I think they did not want to blow their cover
Old 04-25-2003, 03:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by honda9krpm
I just put blue flashing tyres valve caps....really riceeee
That should be a crime!
Old 04-25-2003, 03:48 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Blue flashing valve caps : Haven't heard of that one before

Quick Reply: I hate cops