Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

HSCCV drive day to Leongatha - ? any reports

Old 05-26-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSCCV drive day to Leongatha - ? any reports

Hey guys --- any news on the drive day ???
Old 05-27-2003, 02:48 AM
CKY

It ended up being a great day for all. 7 cars turning up for the drive and one to say hello.
Perry had a fantastic time hooning down a 18km twisty road with the rest of us holligans. So did Wes, I was impressed with your ability to endeavour outrunning the rest of the (BTW is Wes on this forum?) Unfortunatel Mark H couldn't make it as his driveshaft is in need of replacement.
Still waiting to see who will write up the days events for the newsletter? Anyone interested ? Perry perhaps ??
Sorry can't write more as i'm stuck at work
Cheers
Andy
Old 05-27-2003, 03:20 AM

I cracked my windscreen, but still had a great time.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:58 AM

Why me, CKY?

Anyway here is a very brief report. There were 8 cars not 7, 4 S2000's (3 boring silvers and a lovely red one ) and 4 integra typr R's. We met at the Coles car park at Lilydale and we departed for our journey a bit after 10am. I left my intruction sheet for the drive at work so I am not very family with locations.
All I can say we drove across the Dandenongs and up this winding road at some reasonable pace. Andy Riggio was team leader and Andrew Shirzad stayed at the back of the line to keep us honest. It was a very interesting drive up this mountain as we travelled at very high speed (never at any time we broke any speed limit. I had a limiter set on my car so that I never exceed 100km). My pace was somewhat hindered by a black Integra Type R but only to find out later that the driver had his cute little girl at the back seat (for a moment I thought Type R's were very slow machines). Good to know it can be a family affair for this kind of drives - not just for the blokes.
We arrived at Leongatha at about 12 noon. We had lunch at the local pub. Lunch was very nice and it was here that we got to know each other and find out what each others name were and what we did work wise etc.
We commenced our drive back to Melbourne at about 2pm. This is where the fun began. Not far from Leongatha we turned into this narrow track and thats when I could not keep up with the rest of the field. This is when I started to think of my lovely wife and 3 kids while my car was twisting up, down and turning left and right along steep and treacherous mountain. As I turn round blind corners at high speed, I was always wondering whether there was on coming cars and what next to expect. Then came the loose scoria, my car was sliding left and then right again and by now I have lost visual contact with the other cars that was ahead of me.
Eventually as I approach the bottom of the hill, I could see the rest of the cars some 2-3 KM away waiting for me to arrive. Ah ha, then I realise I had my speed limiter still turned on and thats why I could not keep up with them. We stopped for a short rest at the bottom of the hill, took some group photos (shown below) and talked about all those close shaves we encounted. BTW Wes lost control of his S2000 for a short while in the part that had loose gravel.
We headed for home and Andy Riggio once again led the way. We arrived back at Melbourne at about 4.30pm. We have travelled over 370km. A very exhilarating day.

Thanks to the committee for organising this drive esp. Andy for leading the way and getting all those speeding tickets, Andrew for staying at the back of the queue so that we all wouldn't get lost and for all those friendly faces that turned up.

Old 05-27-2003, 05:55 AM
CKY

Ok
Well we had 7.5 cars
I didn't have time to write anything at work and am very busy this week. Thanks Perry.
No speeding fines for me..as far as i'm aware. If I loose another 4 points I will be dire straights
If anyone has pics from the day can you email them to me
Cheers
Andy R
Old 05-27-2003, 06:32 AM

cky, what happened to Mark H's drive shaft?
Has he got a S/C? My friend mentioned that his mate in Melb has a S/C for the S and he kept on breaking the drivelines. Is this the one?
Old 05-27-2003, 06:41 AM

Honda9k, Mark H drives a naturally aspirated 'teg Type R so I don't think this was the issue.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by honda9krpm
cky, what happened to Mark H's drive shaft?
My driveshaft has not broken, but it is certainly on it's way out.... as it makes lovely grinding noises on occasion, when I turn left!!

After 133,000 kms & 12 track days, in just under 3.5 years.... I suppose it is simply worn out?!