Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

HID Headlights writeup in Sydney Herald

Old 02-27-2003, 03:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the interesting reply on the HID's and washers Col......very informative..........and 2kturkey's mention of cruise control instead, gave me a smile cos i was just out on the highway today and trying to keep the speed at 110 kph and my right foot from getting a cramp thinking, 'cruise control would be nice'. ....and i was always one who scoffed at that sort of thing on a sporty!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Cruise is nice. Col and I have it.

It's nice because when I'm on a highway between twisty bits I'd rather not have to worry about speed regulation. So I just get up to the speed, hit 'Set' and start thinking about the next part of the drive. I can cruise past the hair dryers with impunity.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah Ha...found your threads on cruise control in a search going all the way back to Oct. 2001...interesting... .. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...=cruise+control

As i'm not a long-time owner of an S2k, didn't realise how popular the after market fitment of cruise control was......might have to think about this one!!...apart from having to take a Stanley knife to the 6mm section of the back of the steering wheel!!.

Guys, any updates on any pro's and con's on the fitted system since these postings would be appreciated?....

A friend of mine had 'after market' cruise control fitted to her new Peugeot and it jammed open and nearly caused carnage..
Old 02-27-2003, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 2kturkey
So why do we get them then Col? I think we would all rather have had something useful like cruise control given the choice vs. washers/self levellers.

Is it because the limited production for Aus had to be shared with UK spec? Or are UK specs different again?
Aren't JDM rhd? They dont have them do they?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:58 PM

Any Honda dealer can fit one for you. Alternatively, most mobile mechanics and/or mobile auto-electricians carry cruise controls in their vans.

Ask some of the other Sydney guys where they got theirs.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danprice
[B]Any Honda dealer can fit one for you.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:28 PM

I have the Autronic cruise control (Aus made) on my WRX but it can't handle the turbo lag, surging when I go up hills. This problem may or may not occur with a non turbo car.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:30 PM

Cobra car alarms in Victoria do cruise controls as well (I think). Doug (the proprieter) did one on a Misubishi Evo 6 and he seems to care about the installations.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:34 AM
Col

As with most after market items there are cheap and nasty "Cruise Control" and good "Cruise Control" kits, from what I can see you get what you pay for.

I would highly recommend the one that both AusS2000 and I have - Rosta, I fitted mine but AusS2000 got his professionally fitted and both fittings look OEM and operate that way.

There is an Oz made unit that I looked into which is reputadly very good and their unit has the ability to accept the 90,000 pulses / km that the S2000 puts out whereas the Rosta only goes to 16,000 but quite happily works (obviously thinks the speed is different). The main reason I chose Rosta was I could do my own install wheras the Oz unit had to be fitted by their technicians. But I just tried to fnd it on the web but cannot so no idea how I found it last time.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:24 PM

I think the Oz unit you describe is the Autron one I have. As I say it surges going up hills on the WRX but I'm pretty sure that's due to the non-linear, time-varying response of the turbo engine. Very hard to control without custom programming.

Quick Reply: HID Headlights writeup in Sydney Herald