Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Hi... newbie :D

Old 12-20-2004, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hi... newbie :D

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have been reading this forum for almost 4 months and just want to say hi to all of you...

BTW I have a 2002 S2000 Type V (VGS).
I was planning to sell it, but I decided not to because the more I drive it the more I love it

BTW do we have something like autocross in Melbourne?

cheers...
Old 12-20-2004, 11:20 PM

Hi boyszyen, welcome

I didn't realise that you could import JDM S2000s, can you give us a little insight how you got the VGS?

I've asked about the autoX in Australia and apparently the closest we have is motorkhana. If your interested you should contact HCCV, there are some people on this board that are quite involved that will chime in no doubt.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by boszyen,Dec 21 2004, 05:17 PM
Yes, we do. A few clubs have autocross events which are held on a number of "circuits". I think there's one in Werribbee. (Haven't been myself)

I know PIARC have 2 or 3 Autocross events each year. If you want contact details, send me a PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:34 PM

Hi....

thanks...

It's privately imported... and I bought it from someone, so I don't really know...

there's not much difference with AUS model anyway...

I have no problem running the car with 98 ron but the car has got no power at all below 3000 RPM... if I let the rpm drop to less than 3K RPM, it bogs....
not to mention if the outside temp is 30+ deg celcius

I once let my next door neighbour drive it and he said the AUS spec feels a lot stronger in the lower RPM zone....
maybe the octane is not high enough and the ecu tries to compensate by retarding the timing
Old 12-20-2004, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by boszyen,Dec 20 2004, 11:17 PM
what I tried to ask was : do you members of the s2ki australian forum have events like 'autocross' in Melbourne?

it would be fun to go with fellow s2k owners

thanks
Old 12-21-2004, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by boszyen,Dec 21 2004, 06:51 PM
.... do you members of the s2ki australian forum have events like 'autocross' in Melbourne?........ it would be fun to go with fellow s2k owners

Ah so....... No, I'm sorry I don't know of any S2000 owners doing autocross.

However, a couple of other members here might be able to help.

Billyblue, DavidM - do you know of any S2000s doing autocross/motorkana?

Is there a motorkana/autocross association or some such body or does it come under CAMS?

boszyen, some of the members here have done (or are still doing) some track work. That is, timed laps on a racetrack such as Eastern Creek or Phillip Island. One or two may have gone to the Friday night drags at Calder but by and large the S2000 has been primarily used as an on-road (weekend?) recreational car in Australia.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by boszyen,Dec 21 2004, 06:34 PM
It's privately imported... and I bought it from someone, so I don't really know...

there's not much difference with AUS model anyway...
There should be a noticeable difference in performance. The JDM model is nearly 20kg lighter than ours, has around 184kw and 217nm in torque. I test drove a 2001 JDM model, and it was definitely stronger down low than the AUS-spec versions I drove, not to mention it pulled that little bit harder in general.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:07 AM

Billyblue, DavidM - do you know of any S2000s doing autocross/motorkana?

I know that there are some 'motorkahama' events run by the local car-clubs (RWD turbos?) ... they often do in Carrum Down. Though, I'm not aware of anyone from here ever joining them.

On the other hand a few of us have done some 'cone dodging' events at DECA in Shepparton. They mark out with cones a course on a skid pan (which is most of the time wattered) and then time the runs. I'm going again to the 1st one available next year ... I'm hoping there'll be one in Febuary/March (or even earlier).

ps. Here's a short clip from an S2000 at DECA earlier this year:

S2000 at DECA 21/02/2004 (3.8Mb)
Old 12-21-2004, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by NeO SAMuRAI,Dec 21 2004, 03:28 AM
There should be a noticeable difference in performance. The JDM model is nearly 20kg lighter than ours, has around 184kw and 217nm in torque. I test drove a 2001 JDM model, and it was definitely stronger down low than the AUS-spec versions I drove, not to mention it pulled that little bit harder in general.
NeO SAMuRAI : it should be stronger... maybe it is... I've never driven a AUS spec S2K before... but coming from an DC2R with minimal mods (117 kw atw) my S2K feels like a 1.6 sohc civic... especially before vtec... BUT I think after 3rd gear the type r will be left behind

my s2k has a spoon cai, spoon filter, exhaust and grounding kit...
my itr had a custom cai, k&n filter, hondata intake manifold heatshield, advanced ign timing, jap spec 4-1 header + hi flo cat, with standard exhaust..., grounding kit, vafc etc

note: I installed a intake manifold heat shield gasket + wrap my air box.... now the low end feels stronger.... at least 2500+ RPM is usable

DavidM : yes something like that should be fine... I just wanna know the car a little bit better coz this is my first RWD car... my last car was an integra type r, so it's quite different... I dont wanna try going to racetrack yet.... scrared of losing control
Old 12-21-2004, 04:38 AM

DavidM : yes something like that should be fine... I just wanna know the car a little bit better coz this is my first RWD car.

Good thinking on your part. Hang around this forum and I'll post when the dates are released ... there were about 6 or so DECA days last year that I knew about.

Quick Reply: Hi... newbie :D