Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Help me travel to Oz

Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me travel to Oz

Hello,

If this is the wrong place for this I apologize.

As an act of youthful reckless abandon, I have decided to travel to Australia, from Ohio, after I graduate from College in December. However my dilemma is that I will need work once I arrive. I will be applying for a work visa in the next few months so that everything will be on the up and up. I would like to go to Melbourne or Sydney however I would really be willing to go anywhere I am sort of a travel buff. I decided to turn to this community hoping that someone would be able to help me out. So if any of you guys are in the position to give me work, or can offer advice for me on where to look please let me know.

Thanks!!
-Mike
Old 07-15-2010, 08:29 PM

I think were only taking in boat people at the moment...
Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 PM

What have you been studying? Are you looking for work in this particular area or are you happy to do anything?

I guess the best place to look would be seek.com.au as 80% of roles advertised online in Australia are advertised on seek.

I'd say your gonna find it difficult to find a role whilst overseas. You're better off looking once you get here because you'll be in the position to meet recruiters and the such.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 PM

just get ready for the shock of our s2000 prices.....

yeah.. what sorta work are you in?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by LOL8K,Jul 15 2010, 07:32 PM
Hello,

If this is the wrong place for this I apologize.

As an act of youthful reckless abandon, I have decided to travel to Australia, from Ohio, after I graduate from College in December. However my dilemma is that I will need work once I arrive. I will be applying for a work visa in the next few months so that everything will be on the up and up. I would like to go to Melbourne or Sydney however I would really be willing to go anywhere I am sort of a travel buff. I decided to turn to this community hoping that someone would be able to help me out. So if any of you guys are in the position to give me work, or can offer advice for me on where to look please let me know.

Thanks!!
-Mike
can you work on S2000's?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by do$tylz_v2,Jul 16 2010, 04:26 PM
just get ready for the shock of our s2000 prices.....

yeah.. what sorta work are you in?
Hahaha, yeah don't think you'll be picking up a cheap S2000 in Aus.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 AM

Is it really that much more, haha I suppose I can't expect to have it all. My degree was in Consumerism and Marketing, however I'm really only traveling for sport so I am not looking for much of a serious job at all, as I will only be there for three months. I just need a job to pay for food, a cheap car, and a cheaper place to stay. I have about 7 years of sailing experience and I think it would be fun to get a job on a tourist boat, or something. And yes I can do a little work on S2k's haha if anyone needs help while I'm there.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 AM

sailing experience and you want to see Australia??

Man try and get a job in one of the North Queensland Islands... STACKS of tourists ready to party with the worlds largest coral reef... I can't imagine a better 3 month working holiday for an international...
Old 07-17-2010, 02:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your perfect job:
http://seek.com.au/job/marketing-manager-s...17630969/177/1/

Or any of these:
http://seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.ascx?Da...from=quickupper

http://jobsearch.careerone.com.au/Search.a...id=48237&re=130

Just search by island:
hamilton, daydream, duck, etc.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't think of a worse place to go to experience Australia than the Witsundays! It is just commercial tourism on a grand scale and Aussies trying to do the 5 star island tourism thing?? Sorry but they just don't cut it. And yes I have been there and have been to real island destinations.

The great thing about Australia when you are into sailing is that most of the main cities are on the coast and there is a lot of sailing.

Try and come for longer than 3 months if you can, if you are getting a working holiday visa then you can be here for 12 months, you need that time to really see what Australia has to offer. If you only get a 3 month visa then that will be a tourist visa, on which you can't work (legally).

Adam

Quick Reply: Help me travel to Oz