Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Harness Bars & Bucket Seats

Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sT(.)(.)K, the roll hoops are the oem ones found under the plastic. They are lower than the height of my head.

I'm not sure if ducking in the event of a crash is the safest approach
Old 11-10-2008, 02:55 AM

Not sure if you can see properly from this photo, but the mounting points are directly level with the harness holes on the seat.
Where did they bolt/weld the harness bar? How does the seat fit, any rubbing on the console and/or door? What seat rail did you use?

I spoke to another guy at one of these workshops and was telling me I need a seat rail ($200) as well as another device to fit the rail to the chassis ($300)... which didnt seem right to me since other ppl on this forum have been able to just take another rail and fit the seat in.

There is a seat belt trick that I use for the stock seats/belt setup. I can show you on Sunday Mike!
Cheers Jono
Old 11-10-2008, 11:36 AM

Where did they bolt/weld the harness bar?
I don't have a harness bar. The harness eyelets are bolted to the double skin cross beam behind the seats. If you strip out the interior of the car you'll see what I mean. It's the cross beam that the oem roll hoops are bolted to, so it's very strong.

How does the seat fit, any rubbing on the console and/or door?
The seat fits well, but there are caveats. My interior is stripped out, so I don't have a centre console, but I do have door cards. The seat will rub on the door card if it's not pushed all the way back, so it helps if you're tall like me. That said, the rubbing is not really a problem imo.

What seat rail did you use?
I started off with a custom made, fixed rail. But that meant no one shorter than me could co-drive my car. So I now have the seat rail from Memory Fab (http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_accessories_3/). It is reasonably well made, and I think - very good value. To get my seat as low and as far back as I needed, I did have to hammer out the floor pan a bit because the exhaust bump gets in the way.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:40 AM

sounds like you have a bit of a track whore there mcopley!
Do you just use it for track events or do you do tarmac rallies as well?
What else have you done to the car?

cheers
Old 11-11-2008, 12:51 AM

Will shoot memory fab an email, cheers mcopley.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Mikey0000, good luck, hope they can sort you out.

sT(.)(.)K, thanks for your interest. The car is very much a track toy only. I currently compete in the WA Sprint Championship (came 2nd in class this year!) and did my first tarmac rally a couple of weeks ago (http://www.classicrally.com.au/1-Day%20Rally.htm). Here are some photo's and some footage;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ57bL3soYQ

There have been lots of minor things done to the car but the significant stuff is below;

Spoon Front Tower Brace
Spoon Front Lower Cross Brace
TC Design Billet Adjustable Front Control Arms
TC Design Pillowball Rear Control Arms
Whiteline Front Anti-roll Bar
K&N FIPK
5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ Wheels
Toyo R888 Tyres
Mugen FRP Hard Top
Sparco Pro 2000 Seat
Willans 4-point Harness
HKS Hipermax III Sport Coilovers

I love the way she drives and is extremely competetive against much more powerful machinery
Old 11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
AdN

i wanted to go watch that 1 day rally but i missed it.
congrats on the 2nd place.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey macopley very nice car you got there, I love a car thats been used for its purpose not hard parked.

I'm guessing you've been tracking the s2000 for awhile now, what coilovers did you have before the HKS HM3s and how did they compare
Old 11-11-2008, 11:35 PM

Car looks good
See what you mean about your head being above the roll hoop!

Always good to see an S being driven the way it was intended. You going to try Targa West next year?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM

vyets, I only started tuning and competing this year, so these are the first coilovers I've tried. I've had heaps of aftermarket shocks on other cars though, so I will try and give my impression. The damping is not as good as I've experienced on something like Bilstein or Koni, imo. The front springs are extremely stiff, so the roll resistance is excellent. If I was using the car on the road and track I would definately not recommend these coilovers, but bang for buck as an entry level track setup, I'm pretty happy. If you could get KW V3 CS's with the HKS spring rates for the same money, that would be ideal for me .

sT(.)(.)K, anyone willing to sponsor me for the Targa West entry fee? It's mega expensive...

Maybe the Dutton next year, instead.