Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Got Stooged last night!

Old 03-03-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You might think Leopard sounds like a croakey old bugger, but if you want to live long enough to be one yourself you might heed his advice about driving (and possibly ignore his advice about remonstrating road ragers).
Old 03-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

leopardsocks-

i think you may have over reacted - Going past someone at 140 isnt' all that bad depending on the driving conditions. If its a flat two lane road with heaps of room, or a freeway. If its a road with some bumps etc i can understand that that could be dangerous.

Also jumping out and confronting the driver of the other car, you are lucky u didnt' get a switch blade pulled on you. Next time just let it go you dont know who could be in the other car. A lot of ppl will jump out and box on, i've witnessed this before a couple of times.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JAPCAB,Mar 4 2006, 02:26 PM
Also jumping out and confronting the driver of the other car, you are lucky u didnt' get a switch blade pulled on you. Next time just let it go you dont know who could be in the other car. A lot of ppl will jump out and box on, i've witnessed this before a couple of times.
You're probably right, but I also hate the head in the sand mentality. Probably why there are so many dickheads around. No one has ever told them any different.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:44 PM

You think 140km/h is OK?

Within the city council area?

So, I'm cruising along at 50km/h (the posted limit) in the right hand lane. I want to go into the left lane to turn left about 200 metres ahead. I check my mirrors, see a set of lights some distance behind, judge the distance far enough for me to move over safely and change lanes.

The asshat in the Beemer now has to change lanes, or brake hard and loses it. He then either plows into the rear of my car, or a tree, or into a house, or an oncoming car.

At 140km/h, his chances of survival are slim to none. If he rear ends me, the sudden impact at that speed will force my head back with such force that the head restraint will bend, hopefully saving my neck from snapping. The resultant counter force will drive me forward, tearing ligaments and open blood vessels.

The same will happen to my wife.

I appreciate the words of advice regarding approaching shitheads; to some extent it is wise counsel. Unfortunately, I've ...er....been around, so to speak, and trust me, the boy wonder in his Beemer got off light. Also, in my experience, chumps that use their cars to prove their manhood piss their pants if confronted by an outraged adversary. Real men with self esteem intact couldn't be bothered, as they will know and understand that driving fast has NO bearing on your fortitude, courage or maturity.

If someone starts shooting rounds from a rifle indiscriminately in a busy city shopping area, there would be a major police operation, and people running everywhere heading for cover.

Yet no-one understands how close to death they are whenever a brainless boy-racer gets white line fever, either in the car with them, or nearby.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned

leopard socks - your doing the next guy a favour, i bet you he'll think twice next time he's flogging it around past cars real quick!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:30 AM

So, I'm cruising along at 50km/h (the posted limit) in the right hand lane.

While it does sounds like the BMW driver was being recless and putting you in danger, I do have to ask - why were you in the RIGHT lane doing 50kph? That's just putting yourself in line of danger.

If you were in the left lane you probably would have not put yourself in the dangerour position that you found yourself in.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:46 AM

He can choose any lane he wants if he is doing the speed limit. Why should anyone always have to stick to the left lane just to make way for a mad driver doing nearly 3 times the limit past them on the odd occasion?
Old 03-04-2006, 02:04 AM

He can choose any lane he wants if he is doing the speed limit. Why should anyone always have to stick to the left lane just to make way for a mad driver doing nearly 3 times the limit past them on the odd occasion?

How about common courtesy? Or is there no need for that as long as you're doing the speed limit?

Just going by that statement I don't know who is worst ... the kid doing 140kph, or the person driving with 'that' kind of attitide. I would not want to be anywere near either.

ps. I'm sure you've seen the 'keep left unless overtaking' signs here and there.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:28 AM

If he was doing say 75km/h or 100km/h in the right lane does he have a point to argue? Or does he have to be travelling faster than the mad 140km/h driver to justify his right hand lane hog?
Old 03-04-2006, 03:20 AM

I'm a right lane hogger hater. Within the city area is excepted as many are looking for parking spots and generally you don't expect smooth progress anyway. But out on suburban roads, highways and the like, I don't care if you're doing 50kph or 100kph but if you're in the right lane and there's a car coming up behind you, I would expect you to move to the left. Sure you may be sitting on 110kph in a 100kph zone but it's not your right to enforce others' speed. If they want to risk getting caught, it's their perogative. A lot of road rage incidents occur because the person is the right lane is pacing at the same speed as the left lane and oblivous to the traffic that may be blocked up behind.

That's not to say Leopard was in the wrong here as the other car travelling at 3 times the speed of traffic flow in a city area is just dangerously stupid, and Leopard was probably safer staying put where he was at a constant speed and let the BMW driver weave around.

Quick Reply: Got Stooged last night!