Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Got Stooged last night!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ah well, best of luck to you...
Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JAPCAB is your S2000 "slammed" on approx 18" chromes? I saw another black one a few months going over the westgate bridege...was damn sweet even if it was very ricey and had p-plates - i can't imagine theres too many black P plated S2k's even if they are becoming increasingly so...

Old 02-14-2006, 12:17 PM

Be careful when contesting fines given by the police. A mate tried the same and only suceeded in losing his licence for 6 months, it would have only been a fine had he not contested it.

Good luck.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

jezza, no actually i have a silverstone silver! i created my account about 2 weeks before i bought a s2k and haven't been arsed to change my account details.....

yeah i've seen that black one with vault deville's.....they were the exact same ones i was going to get but i ended up wasting all my cash on a sound system : /
Old 02-20-2006, 05:48 AM

I was beaten by a turbo R32 the other week. Didn't really know he was trying to drag so couldn't drop a big take off but hit 9000 RPM in 2nd gear and his turbo just ripped past me. Was pretty shocked.

I think I need some new tyres though. I dropped the clutch at 6500 the other day and my rear end went ballistic and I barely moved.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:42 PM

Why would you be shocked that a skyline ripped you? They're one of the most mod-friendly cars you can get and there's certainly no shortage of sub 12s examples around.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

agreed, anything turbo will 9 times out of 10 bust you. s2k isn't a quick car in comparison whats on the road. but big deal, thats not why you bought it. Its the driving experience and convertible etc that makes s2k a great overall package. But yeah its good seeing how the s2k goes against other cars, even if you do lose or you know you are going to lose - you can see how much you lose by.

If you want to start winning street races then spend around 15-18K on a skyline r33 with a HKS2835 under the bonnet with a massive intercooler, exhaust and all the rest. That should propel you to sub 12 figures with all the necessary support modifications.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:04 PM

The other night, myself and Mrs Leopardsocks were heading into the city when a silver BMW Zsomething Or Other went blasting past us at about 140 km/h. The lights ahead were red, so he had to stop.

I got out, walked over to his drivers side and noticed a 30 something pretty boy with a token blonde in the passenger seat, having quite the laugh.

I said to him, quite loudly, "If you EVER drive like that in the vicinity of me and my wife again I will kick the crap out of YOU and your deutsche Posenwaggin. Capice?"

The lights turned green, so did he and his bimbo, and he drove off, rather timidly.

People who think they can drive like Craig Lowndes who use the public roads as their personal machismo gallery are irresponsible jerkoffs.

If they wish to throw themselves into a tree and die in a blaze of glory, thats on them. But when they risk the lives of innocent people, be they in another vehicle or passengers in their own, they are nothing short of juvenile delinquents trying to make up for a lack of personality or social integration by racing on public streets.

The problem with that is not only death or severe injury, but the added cost to ALL motorists of insurance, and the reaction of governments to tighten the thumbscrews on all motorists with additional speed cameras, harsher police strategies, lower discretionary limits and less overall tolerance to ANYONE who breaks the law.

Thus motorists who are safe and responsible may get caught speeding at 64 km/h once every ten years to try and communicate a message to those that use the roads as their personal character building exercise that they should stop driving like assholes. It doesn't occur to governments that there is a distinction between the two drivers.

So, while all you budding Senna's and Skaife's try to prove a point beyond any logic or reason, the whole motoring community will bear the cost.

And one day, when you grow up, have families of your own, bemoan the cost of registration and insurance, and become enraged at the death of innocents, you too will pour scorn on the moron drivers who turn roads into gladiatorial arena's to the detriment of all, without once thinking that your thoughtless stupidity in your youth was a major contribution to the increase in cost and carnage you'll experience.

Or worse, you will be standing by the side of a grave as someone you love is lowered into it.

There is no such thing as a victimless crime. Sooner or later, we all pay.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Feb 21 2006, 06:42 AM
there's certainly no shortage of sub 12s examples around.
In Perth there's no shortage of sub-11s monsters. People here go crazy thanks to lenient W.A traffic laws
Old 03-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Fair points Leopard. However I'm surprised you got of your car and confronted the driver. Funny, yes. Smart, no.

Quick Reply: Got Stooged last night!