Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Got Stooged last night!

Old 02-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JAPCAB,Feb 13 2006, 08:52 AM
hehehe yeah i find the s2k is pretty good for launching....

We both went for it from about 70kph....
But that ain't launching.

I'm frequently amazed at how people seem to think that a lack of torque is somehow an advantage. Just because a car has lots of torque doesn't mean that you have to apply it. You moderate it with the right hand pedal.

My car can light the tyres through the first three gears, but it can also launch extremely well. It all depends on what my right foot is doing.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Feb 13 2006, 07:28 AM
That's one hell of a party.
you know what i mean ?

JAPCAB
we were side by side and around top of 4th gear he pulled forward slightly about half a car length.
fk , you hit that hard ? all the way to 4th gear ? i always begin to back off at the top end of 2nd , regardless of who's in front as you start to hit crazy speeds after 2nd, the dude in the VL turbo just kept on going
you kept up with an SS ute from picking up at 70km/hr ? i was rolling next to one once , i dropped a couple of gears but the brute torque of the V8 just took off !
next set of lights we had to turn right at a T - intersection , idiot floors it and looses control and ends up on the median strip facing the traffic ! i rolled pass looking at him with a smile on my face
Old 02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

vuey yeah sometimes i find it hard to back off! here and there i'll give it a flogging but yeah i know i shouldn't be doing it! you just have to make sure your in the vtec power band at all times otherwise you'll lag and the other dude will pop infront of you!

Aus2000 yeah but you have a supercharger! lots more power; but yes i agree you can still launch a powerful car well but as you have said it depends on your right foot and your skill because it requires a lot more. In my skyline i never managed to do many good launches, i either bogged down with too little revs or gave it too much and wheelspinned! Ahhh i suck! I find s2k is not so touchy with the launches because you dont need to feather the revs as much, i just hold it on about 5 -5.5 and dump the clutch and off it goes.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 PM

I actually have a turbo (which technically is an exhaust turbine driven supercharger).

I'm guessing the reason you had trouble with the Skyline is that it's boost is too top end. So you had lag down low or ballistic power up top. I specifically avoided this with my set up. Down low I have extremely linear and controllable torque.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:02 PM

I was in peak hour traffic last week, sitting behind a WRX. Traffic is start stop. The clown would wait for the car in front to move a fair bit before gunning first to let off his BOV.
The next lane over opens up and I change lanes. I end up being next to him, with traffic all around us, and he keeps doing it, so the BOV is going off right in my ear.
Lights go red, we've stopped next to each other. He has his window down, so I shout out to him.

"Hey buddy!"
"Yeah"
"Is that an STI?"
"Nope"
"Then just pipe down over there."

He grumbled something back to me, wound up his window, and was very meek and behaved himself.

He keekled later on after I turned off.

edit: I just realised that my story has very little to do with this thread. Sorry. Hope you enjoyed it anyway. :/
Old 02-13-2006, 03:46 PM

now don't get me wrong i'm not into speeding or anything but have received 3 tickets in the past 2 odd months i've had my s2k is horeeeendous. Is Victoria the tightest state? I got done for 64km/h in a 60 zone!!!

Having said that I was quite lucky with my last one, i was just listening to VTEC singing without reading the speedo(anybody else do that) before i realised i was in 3rd gear(and into the triple digits) in a not so fast zone... and then slowed down to about 70 before the lights. then on come those undercover police lights from a commo wagon, and wasn't recorded at those speeds but got a ticket for 73. phew!

now this is my first 140kw + car. i can't even imagine what M3/AMG etc whatever tuning house car owners go through. it would be unbearable unless you owned your own private race track. And to think I was entertaining the idea of the Evo IX as my next car as i looked at it at the motor show...

how does everyone else deal with keeping their licenses????? speed limiters??

anybody want to take some demerit points for me? i'm down to my last one.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 PM

Jezza
mate , you just got to be wary of your speed all the time . The last time i got a speeding ticket was in 1999 .
however , i do have a heavy right foot and like all S owners , i love the sound of V-tec at 9000rpm's . But you know when the right time is to thrash it .

now this is my first 140kw + car
doesnt matter how many kw's the car has , you can get done for speeding in a 82 datsun

i can't even imagine what M3/AMG etc whatever tuning house car owners go through. it would be unbearable unless you owned your own private race track
. i think majority of high end luxury sports cars dont "thrash" their cars on a day to day basis .

how does everyone else deal with keeping their licenses????? speed limiters??
just be sensible mate .

anybody want to take some demerit points for me? i'm down to my last one.
i got 12 , $300 each
Old 02-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

lolll

i'd do demerit points for $250 but i've only got one left too! i get off my p's in august and in the last month i've copped

3 points and $110 for no p plates. Driving my old mans shit box holden to a mate who is a mechanic to check out what this bloody big thudding/clanging noise was on idle. you would be at the light and all you can hear is 'WHACK WHACK WHACK'. Turned out to be a harmonic valve that needed to be replaced at $150, although you would of sworn thousands in engine damage from the noise that was coming out, it was like the engine was going to blow up. I never drive my old mans car but thought i'd take it to a mate to avoid getting ripped off by another mechanic. driving home which is two suburbs away, there is a booze bus. I thought shit...no p plates up. I take the bretho....and the cop asks where my p plates are. He asks my reason and i state it, but he is unconvinced. I tell him the engine is playing up cant you hear that racket coming out from the bonnet and that its not my car its my dads. anyhows he fines me anyways says he cant not fine me. I go home, grab my s2k, and go back down. go thru the booze bus again. Asked to speak to the cop. Told him look give me a break man i'll lose my licence, this is my proper car, why would i drive the holden for?. He's like i had to give the fine cuz we are junior police offiers here in training and i'm being watched by my lead officer, he goes look you take it to court and i'll help you out; i dont think your bullshitting etc. go that one will land up in court.

Another one i got fined 1 point for not following safe following distance. I was going home from chapel st, and i get pulled over. the cop asks why i'm driving like a dickhead, to which i reply that i wasn't and i'm on the way home after seeing some friends in chapel. he comes back and gives me this fine. I go what was that for? he goes not safe following distance. I go this is a joke, i did nothing wrong. Lately they have just been harrassing ppl down chapel st, probably saw an s2k with p plates and couldn't resist. A heated argument broke out with the police officer in contest of the fake fine. He then puts his head in the window of my car and starts threatening me and telling me not to get smart. I replied right back into his face with a 'F*CK YOU'. He opens my car door and says he's taking me back to the station, at which point i grab my mobile phone and say i'm calling my lawyer. He slams the door on me and walks back to the divvy. Meanwhile my mate that was with me got the whole thing recorded on his mobile phone with the cop threatening me and swearing at me. We'll see how well he goes in court now! bastard.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:55 PM

How will you contest the P plate charge? I expect the magistrate will ask if you were driving without P plates, you'll say yes, and he'll enforce the charge.

And aren't S2000s on the restricted list for P platers in Vic? If so it's no wonder you get picked on.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Banned

its up to the discretion of the judge...yeah i'll just say i'll lose my job if i dont have a licence and that i need it to travel between sites. Not sure if you have been to court before over any driving related matters but you can either do one of two things; you can pay up and get away with it or you can cop the fine, with the exception of offences like drink driving where there are mandatory penalties that the judge must enforce. Depends what the infringements are though. You need a lawyer to represent you. I'll just say its not my normal vehicle, and it was an out of the blue event that made me drive it. We'll see how we go. I get my full licence in august. Normally traffic offences take between 6 months-8 months to go through so it'll buy me some time.

I went to court for driving whilst suspended and got off with a $500 fine. The judge was letting people off all day! All sorts of junkies stealing and stuff, just cautions even though they had offended several times. For most summary offences you either get fined or community service.

Quick Reply: Got Stooged last night!