Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Got Stooged last night!

Old 02-08-2006, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey japcab, seems like a real winner u know there.

not wanting to throw water onto this subject, by why would anyone want to risk street racing with the road rules and nazi policing they have going on. its too much of a hassle risking your licence and fines for "that 10 seconds" that vin diesel so eloquently refers to.
i know its all for fun, but that feeling of emptiness that occurs when u get lit up is probably one of the worst sensations in the world, well its either that or realising that the lagoon creature u were hooking up with wasnt so hot after all.
i just let those guys pass me by whenever they want to race becasue i know my car isnt that fast compared to what is out there
Old 02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned

blacks2k yeah i fully agree.....last night even though it was a fakie made me think what if it was the real deal and i had no licence again.....certaintly put me back in my place!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Some years ago a mate of mine would sit in the back of the car (previous car) and make a distant whistling sound like a cop car siren a long way off. Scared the hell out of me everytime he did it. There was just no getting used to it. The reflex reaction was to take the foot off the accelerator and ceck the speedo in a panic. Bastard!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by lukep6470,Feb 9 2006, 10:51 AM
Aren't you done for DD straight away if you refuse an RBT?
you get charged with "refusing to provide a specimen", but that's if you actually...refuse to provide a specimen.

if you just speed through an RBT i suspect you'd get charged with failing to follow a lawful police direction, or similar.

oh yeah, and dangerous driving and shit.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:27 PM

hey fisty, is that the correct legal definition??
"u sir have been charged with dangerous driving and shit". i want u as my legal representative next time
Old 02-09-2006, 02:42 AM

Impersonating a cop is a much bigger offence than speeding.

I don't think there's a bigger offence than speeding ;-) You're better off running people off the road and/or crashing into them than speeding ;-)
Old 02-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by JAPCAB,Feb 8 2006, 03:18 PM
Instead of stopping, he puts his foot down and speeds past the booze bus in the spare lane at about 150. There are a few cops trying to flag him down, his logic for this was 'if i go fast enough maybe they will miss read my plates'.WRONG. Two cop cars chase after him but he gets away and hides out at a mates place. His mum rings about 30 mins later saying that they are police came to the door and were looking for him but she said he wasn't there.
man.. that reefer must be some gooOOod shit, nice story.. ! lol!

This guy actually got away for 30 minutes! the guy has skills, should have just reported it stolen, silly bugger!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:20 PM

on the way home last night from a party on saturday night ... on the hume highway at about 1am .... in the tracffic i can hear coming up behind me a spooling turbo and BOV . Dude and his 2 mates in a blue VL Turbo commodore trying to catch up to me .
1st set of lights we stop at , he's revving it out and letting the BOV go off . I wind up the S to about 6500 - 7000 rpms as the lights hit green i pop the clutch and with abit of wheel spin the S sweetly gets off the line .... 9000rpms in 1st gear i managed to get a car length ahead ! 9000rpms in 2nd gear and it was game over , another victim to the ever growing kill list !
Old 02-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vuey-JNR,Feb 13 2006, 07:20 AM
on the way home last night from a party on saturday night ...
That's one hell of a party.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Banned

hehehe yeah i find the s2k is pretty good for launching, mainly because there isn't really enough power to break wheelspin in first. In my last car, r33 skyline, you have to feather the revs around 3.5-4k rpm, and often you'll just break into wheelspin!

I had a run the other day, had a new SS ute come along side me, so i dropped down a gear. We both went for it from about 70kph, we were side by side and around top of 4th gear he pulled forward slightly about half a car length. we slow down, and i come beside him showing him my hand and my two fingers really close together as if to say 'close man!' he was smiling. Then again i had my mrs in the car and he was by himself, but he looked like he might of been a tradesman so he might of had tools in the back too eh. I found with new SS with just me in the car its pretty much even, the only thing that might get u infront is your driving ability.

Quick Reply: Got Stooged last night!