Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Finally bought new slicks for my Volk rims and some road rims and tires (chromies) :D

Old 07-31-2002, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought new slicks for my Volk rims and some road rims and tires (chromies) :D

Hi guys, went shopping today and bought myself a little birthday present.
My Volk Racing rims had old worn slicks on them and needed some new slicks. I was also tired of using the slicks on the road, they got worn out really quick with our harsh tarmac surfaces. So I bought a set of new wheels and tires to go with them. They look pretty cool, they're a slightly bigger diameter wheel, with a slight increase in rolling diameter but I've covered them in hard as hell rubber, with tread too!

Took it out for a spin with the new wheels and rubber. All I can say is, "slippery as all hell! But a whole damn heap of FUN!". After 2 tank's of petrol and lots of hand brakies, and donuts the tires have virtually no wear. Which is great. Just what I wanted...

Now you guy's a probably thinking, "huh? WHAT? WTF?!?". Here are some small pics to help explain.

The car with the Volk Rims on it:

The car with it's new Chromies!!

A Volk Racing Rim next to one of the new Chrome wheels:

The new "treaded" tire next to a worn slick:

On order, Uni-filter Rampod air-filter for the car, Carbon propeller shaft, and 2 speed gearbox.

Ahh loud expensive toys...Love 'em

wil..
Old 07-31-2002, 02:36 AM

more pics:

A worn slick and a new slick:

And here's the wheel change process:

Old 07-31-2002, 02:55 AM

Hey, I mean, you guy's seem to be spending extravigant amounts of money on your s2000's and ITR's. Racing them on weekends around tracks and the like.

I just felt a little left out. This is what I can afford! Plus insurance isn't necessary!

$150+ for 4 wheels and tires, 2 new slicks, new air filter, carbon propeller shaft, and 2 speed gear box is really cheap. The performance gains are noticeable too

wil..
Old 07-31-2002, 03:45 AM

You bastard!

For a moment I thought someone in Australia had volks.

I am considering getting a set.

BTW nice car.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:06 AM

[QUOTE]originally posted by dhess
[B]You bastard!
Old 07-31-2002, 04:28 AM

If you could find out pricing and availability that would be great.

i've got a feeling they will be not cheap.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:36 AM

Interesting topic. My 15 year old has just started this as a hobby too but with electric vehicles. He got a new TVR body on Saturday which I sprayed up for him - here it is with my (larger) vehicle in the background.

Old 07-31-2002, 04:41 AM

TVR Speed6.

Nice

Some of those RC cars can really move.

How fast can they go?
Old 07-31-2002, 04:50 AM

Dunno - but I do know that you can spend a small fortune in hot up mods for these vehicles and some are extremely quick. He races at a local track over in Templestowe, check out their site at http://drive.to/tftr
Old 07-31-2002, 04:00 PM

Mine tops out at approx 80Kph with full mods, stock engine and running on 15% nitro.

At the moment it does about 60+Kph running stock on 5% nitro, but with full bearing replacement kit.

The electric cars are the way to go though if you wish to race. Cheaper running costs. Plus the 1/10 modified's run damn fast!

There was a guy that was racing here in Castle Hill. He had full coporate sponsorship (HPI racing), and had come 3rd in the internationals held in Japan or something. You should've seen his car. He had little tire warmers! Yes! Little Tire Warmers!!!! And boy did his car fly! Much, much faster than my petrol car. Heaps fast around corners too. These car's smell like burning electrical equipment when they come past. Motor life is approx 2 race meets.

wil..

Quick Reply: Finally bought new slicks for my Volk rims and some road rims and tires (chromies) :D