Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

F*cking insurance companies

Old 02-13-2002, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*cking insurance companies

I don't know why I even bother insuring my car???

They call me up and say "Was the truck stationary when you hit it?" ... I say "Yes, the TRUCK was stationary". So they say "Well in that case we cannot recover the money cause it was stationary". So I want to say "You #$#@$@$#%(*@$#%ing idiots, I didn't hit the truck!!! The truck I could see from a $#$%&*&$#%*&$#ing mile away!!!!!!" So I say "I did not hit the truck. I hit the platform which was being raised at the time, which is a sharp object and a traffic hazard. It was NOT stationary at the time."
"Oh really? Hmmm ... can you send us a diagram?". "Yes I'll send you a diagram" and I would have loved to add "and a friggin book on how to take friggin notes when you're on the phone to somone!!!!". Do they even bother listening?

Sorry, just had to vent ... I can see this is going ot be one hell of a ride.
Old 02-13-2002, 01:45 PM

Did you take a picture after you hit the platform of the truck, I mean on the spot after the accident?
Old 02-13-2002, 02:00 PM

No me was an idiot and forgot that I had a digital camera in the car ... I took pics 2 mins after they left... still have enough pics to show the distances and all that. If I could get the model number of the truck I could construct a much better diagram.
I am starting to think that going to the insurance company was a mistake
Old 02-13-2002, 04:39 PM
m52

i had an incident a couple of years ago with a kid on a roundabout who decided to enter it at the same time that i was on it. he completely wrote off the left hand side of my car. insurance were being knobs about it all, going to a dodgy repairer and not my choice, so i got a motor vehicle lawyer chase it. took about a week, and only a couple of hundred dollars in his fee. i got over $3g in hand to redo the car, which covered the bash and some respraying on other parts. maybe have a look at that option?
Old 02-13-2002, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the idea dude, I will look into that if the insurance company bails out on me... as I said, I rekon there's a good negligence case here.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:05 PM

insurance company giving you the run around too iggy.
Looks to me like the person that took your call at Just Cars also works for Allianz.

m52:
I didn't realise motor vehicle lawyer's existed. That looks like a good option. Where are they listed?

wil..

<on a side note>
I finally got paid by Energy Australia for the damage that their falling powerline did to my car. Was an extremely easy process. They didn't even require pictures because the incident was already on record. They were very helpful and willing to pay up. Whereas Allianz where very willing to take my excess, and decrease my no claim.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:35 PM
m52

just looked in the yellow pages. my insurance company had a quote of $900 to fix the car, my own quotes, from approved BMW repairers was almost $3g. when i questioned the insurance company they didnt want to know about it... they had their repairer fix it and it had a lifetime warranty. when i checked the place out, he did half the work outside and was real dodgy. so i found the lawyer in the YP and told him the details, told him the other guys details and it got sorted. i cancelled my insurance with the previous company and found another who dont care which repairer you go to, as long as its one of theirs.... and one of theirs is one of mine, so all is good.

i didnt even meet the lawyer. it was all done over the phone, plus being just before xmas, i didnt get a chance to meet him.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:01 PM

YUP by not taking a picture on the scene was a HUGE mistake, especially in Australia. where the law is really enforced here. At least you should have a witness if you dont have the picture otherwise .... it's really hard to get money out from the insurance company, They will find any way by not paying your liability.